BootsnAll Travel Network



Made To Measure

Adam in Suit

Seemingly every town in Asia has a specialty handicraft from silk painting to embroidery to inlaid marble tables. We haven’t seen a shotglass in months (unfortunately for Cara’s kitsch collection). After 3 days of endless exposure, you swear you never want to see a miniature camel painting again.

In the old quarter of Hoi An, Vietnam, the endless cloth shops blend in almost seamlessly with the historic Chinese homes, temples, and assembly halls. In this quarter, all traffic is from foot power as are a lot of the sewing machines, but while sipping a beer overlooking the quiet streets, suits and dresses are being made to measure in less than 24 hours.

We ended up with 2 tailors, 2 suits, 3 shirts, and 4 dresses all for the price of less than 1 suit at the Men’s Warehouse, and they all fit perfectly. When we left Hoi An on the early morning bus, we weren’t so much sick of the cloth shops, but of the temptation to buy more clothes.



Tags:

One response to “Made To Measure”

  1. JJ says:

    best dorky picture of adam … _ever_

  2. Emily says:

    I think I may have to stop reading the weblog of this trip. Everytime I do, I’m tempted to go on a world trip myself! Love the suit. Can’t wait to see Cara’s Dresses!
    Go ahead buy a few more it won’t hurt anything….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *