BootsnAll Travel Network



Kathmandu – it’s fun to say!

Sukothai Buddhas

Originally we planned to spend five weeks in Thailand, but after two weeks, the rest of Southeast Asia got in the way. We decided to come back again to see an ancient city, and shop. The $3 1 hour foot massages were not planned.

Now that we’re in Nepal, we only wish we had bought more supplies in the shopping Mecca of Bangkok. Though for knock-off North Face and Gore-Tex, Kathmandu is the place to be. For everything else, including internet speeds exceeding 14.4bps, it is not. It’s India-Lite: A lot of the good without as much of the bad. Right now though, we can’t wait to get out of the city and into the Himalayas, where we’ll be scrambling around mountains for the next 20 days or so. Can we survive that long without the internet? (That’s a rhetorical question.)



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Kathmandu – it’s fun to say!”

  1. Greg says:

    I’m glad to hear you’re both still alive and well! I admit to not having read more than a few sentences of this blog, but I will at some point. Looking forward to the time when you’re back full of stories of our diverse planet, so I can play Twilight with Adam (I hope you’ve had a chance to practice along the way;) ). Anyway, rocking! I’m very happy for you guys getting to see so much of the world. It was a bold decision made at the perfect time in your lives. Hope this finds you well!
    -Greg

  2. Dennis says:

    Hi Cara and Adam,

    Just wanted to wish Cara a happy birthday today, where ever you are! 🙂 I sent an email to Cara’s yahoo address, but couldn’t find Adam’s email anywhere.

    I hope your time in the Himalayas where amazing!!

    Can’t wait until your back home,
    –den

  3. Veronica says:

    Happy (belated) birthday, Cara! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *