BootsnAll Travel Network



Borders

Honduras - Nicaragua Border crossing Restaurant Mang Ying

After crossing through the misty mountain pass from Nicaragua to Honduras the first sign of change was our breakfast ‘ rice, beans, eggs, ham, coffee, and mini-tortillas.

Our first bus was still a school bus but our next connections introduced the crazy notion of ticket booths, reclining seats, and company bus terminals. These sound like good improvements but we were getting used to Nicaragua´s convenient pay as you go system and flagging down any bus as it goes by. The bumpier rides and roads also made us pay more attention to the scenery slowly rolling by instead of dissapearing into a book.

The last difference we´ve noticed in this day of border crossing and transit is the Americanization. We can walk to Wendy´s, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar´s (?!), and soon a Dunkin´Donuts. This is decidedly not an improvement, at least for us.



Tags: ,

One response to “Borders”

  1. Emily says:

    Hearing that there are fast food chains is even disappointing to me. Are there still cowboys everywhere?

    Sounds like you’re having fun no matter what. We’ve gone from Snow to pouring rain to predictions of snow this afternoon. You are not missing out on anything here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *