BootsnAll Travel Network



itinerary and world weather for dummies

We have known where we were going to go for the most part for awhile. We just altered the end of our trek to fly into Dar es Salaam and then fly to Egypt, and are probably going to book at the very least the beginning legs of the trip shortly. Here it is…


Primary Destinations (Basically places we fly into, and in this order)

  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • India
  • Thailand
  • Nepal
  • Tanzania
  • Egypt
  • Athens? (wherever the cheapest flight from egypt goes)
  • London

Secondary Desintations (places that we aren’t flying into but have every intention of visiting)

  • Cambodia
  • Laos
  • Vietnam
  • Slew of eastern european countries

Tertiary Destinations (Places we may decide to go to, because we can)

  • Myanmar
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore

Just thought I’d jot down the vague itinerary. If anyone we know wants to meet up in any of the places along the way, let us know.
We’ll probably be leaving about mid-october this year, with a visit to Alaska on the way. The tentative schedule is to be down under for November and December, a little on the chilly side in the alps but should be doable.
We’re going to India next, and then backtracking to southeast asia. This seems a little strange, and also cost us some bucks, but we think it is quite worth it. The only way we could really avoid backtracking with our departure dates is to be in India in April/May. It is really hot in India in April, and really, really hot in May. So Januaryish will be when we spend time in India.

We’ll fly back to Bangkok and hang out in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. for the next two/three months or so. The key is that we get to Nepal sometime around the middle of April, though it can be pushed to mid or late April if need be. The himalayas get very nasty in June and continues that way for a few months, so we want to make sure we spend time in the heavens before then. After Nepal we may decide to backtrack to India or SE Asia if we feel we need to get back to something, though we’d be retreating to the mountain areas of either of those.
The rest of our destinations are pretty open weather-wise, though they will be hot, especially Tanzania/Egypt, just not India-hot.
The reason I chose to babble on about weather is it is a fairly easy explanation of why we are going where when. If I started talking about anything besides the weather my posts will get very long. I’ll save that for later, I think. Besides, after going on about weather, the posts here have nowhere to go but up.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *