BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney Sydney Sydney-2

So where I left off before we were in Melbourne. On Sunday we went on the Neighbours tour! Had to get up early though as it started at 8. But a bus picked us up from the hostel which was handy and we had about an hours drive to Ramsay Street, which isn’t actually called that and people actually live there. Its so much smaller than we expected but was fun to see it in real life. Then we went back to St.Kilda for our star meet! It was Janell (stingrays mum). She was nice but clearly in a rush to get on with her day! So we had a picture and then by 12 we had got changed and were lying on the beach!

That is where we spent the afternoon, till we got too hot and headed back. We decided we’d eat at the free BBQ in the hostel which wasn’t too bad. Finally met our dorm mates who seemed nice but everyone is changing round all the time so we’ve met quite a few now. Had an early night because on Monday we did the Great Ocean Road tour!!!

In summary we had a tour guide who took us to, Bells Beach, the sign for the great ocean road where the memorial is, to see wild koalas! Then had lunch in appollo bay wghich was meant to be included in the price but because it was disgusting me and Al had some fish n chips! 🙂  It had been really cloudy all morning but as soon as we got onto the other side of a mountain it was beautiful sunshine which was nice!!! Next we went to a fern forest for a walk, to the stunning 12 apostles, Loch Ard Gorge -where there was a gorgeous beach! Last stop was London Bridge which again was beautiful. Had a long ride home stopping for a maccy D’s on the way and we got back about 8pm. Good day!

So on tuesday we were leaving Melbourne. Got picked up at 7 so very early start! This was the beginning of our 3 day tour to Sydney. Which we had no idea would include so much. Our driver was called Luke, and there were 22 of us on this small bus which was called the ‘love bus!’ The first day we went to Wilsons Promontory national park and had a lovely walk to pillar point. Where the we ate lunch to an absolutely gorgeous view. Then we walked down to squeaky beach to have a quick paddle. This beach was one of the prettiest beaches I have ever been too!!! And as we were leaving we realised why it was called squeaky beach…when you walk along it, it squeaks! After playing games on the bus, including pictionary on the windows, we arrived in Lakes entrance. Stayed in a YHA hostel which was fairly basic and had a fish and chip supper! Next day had to be up at 6 and on the road by 7!!! Had a long drive along a very windy road, through the biggest national park! Stopped off a few times at some random towns, including Suggan Buggan where the population is 1! By 1pm we were in a ski village called thredbo! Here we were to climb Mount Kosioscko which is the highest point in Australia. You get a chairlift up most of the way but had to walk about 5km to the top and get back to the chairlift by 4.30 before it closed. Alice and I were first up and down and as soon as we got to the hotel we were straight in the Jacuzzi, which was lovely!!! Had a nice evening chilling with all the other passengers and quite an early night!

Last day and we were off to Canberra. Here we went to the parliamentary building, had a tour and then went into the house of representatives and we even saw the prime minister in session which was pretty cool! Had lunch in the city and then we left for Sydney. Was quite a long drive but we played lots of games and by 6.15 we were in Sydney! YAY!

Checked into our hostel, quickly got changed and all went out on a pub crawl! But this was no normal pub crawl, we had a party bus! It had a DJ, was completely packed, with lights and fans and everything! Was so fun! We went to 4 bars all around sydney and had a great time!

Yesterday we had a lie in for the first time since we got out here! Spent the afternoon on Bondi beach and had a lovely dinner on the Harbour. Today we had to sort out our next bus to Surf camp which we leave for on tuesday! Then went to the aquarium and going out again tonight!

Just done our first load of washing, so hope we haven’t shrunk everything! Off to get it now, so on that note, speak soon, hope all are well!

Lots of Love

Holly xxx



Tags:

4 responses to “Sydney Sydney Sydney-2”

  1. Granny says:

    You seem to be having a great time. We also liked Canberra and vsited Their Paliament, but they weren’t sitting. I am surprised you haven’t been taen on a tour of The Opera House., but that might come later.
    Weather here is awful, rained yesterday but meant to be sunny and cold today.
    Wev also visited a lot of the places that yopu have in Sydney,didn’t do the pub crawl.
    xxxxooooxxxx

  2. Vicky says:

    Wow – have looked at some of the photos Chris Deane posted which kinda back up everything you’ve just told us about! Squeaky beach looked beautiful! Sounds like you’re having a fantastic time! You look so happy and well. Love you lots!!!! 😉 xxxx

  3. Rachieee says:

    NOW thats what i call a blog! 🙂 This alll sounds AMAZING! And it sound like your having the time of your life… I love the squeaky beach! haha! I’ve seen some of the pictures you’ve been tagged in, looks great! Stay save and remember I love you x x x x x x x x x x x x

  4. Jeremy & Rosemary says:

    It looks like you are having a fantastic time, I am just envious. We are freezing in Sarasota but don’t feel too much for us!! Keep enjoying your selves Love Uncle and Rosemary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *