BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. Today says:

    Buy Proxies In Bulk

    I found a great…

  2. Today says:

    Data Centre Private Proxies For Sale

    I found a great…

  3. Today says:

    Proxies Buying

    I found a great…

  4. Today says:

    Johnny Husky

    I found a great…

  5. Best Wishes QuotesA passionate and unforgettable phrase might
    be used to wish somebody the finest. You may modify the quotation to match your specific needs or circumstances.

  6. Hi, Nice to meet you, I am Aanand
    Thank you for sharing the useful information…Am got the lots of
    of information in your article…Keep sharing.
    Crewman Solutions provided business services like.Call Now: 9529076777

  7. Digital Yetch Company is the Best Digital Marketing Company in India / Top Digital Marketing Agency in India. Digital Yetch provides the best digital marketing services in India. Our company is one of the top 10 digital marketing companies in India.

  8. cialis for daily use prices my groups cialis dose mg password can i take 40mg of cialis – canadian pharmacy cialis 20mg the team [url=https://ytadalafil.com]cialis precio[/url] cialis 20mg online password

  9. SM Digital Solution is the best digital marketing company in India that provide advanced digital marketing services.
    we have a dedicated team of experts in all the modules of digital marketing. we are also the best digital marketing company in Gurgaon we provide SEO services, PPC services,
    content marketing services, social media management & Email marketing for every type of business. sm digital solution is one of the best digital marketing company in India.

  10. SM Digital Solution is the Best digital marketing company in India
    that provide advanced digital marketing services. we are also a best digital marketing company in Gurgaon.
    we have dedicated team of expert in the all the module of digital marketing. we provide SEO services, PPC services,
    content marketing services, social media management & Email marketing for every types of business. sm digital solution is a one of best digital marketing company in India.

  11. Sachin Patil says:

    I have been specialized as a freelance SEO Expert in Mumbai and have helped many businesses in gathering maximum audience through effective SEO strategies.

  12. Total Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi is one of the most common surgical procedures performed in India. It is a permanent solution for those who are suffering from prolonged knee pain and related. Many studies and survey reports suggest Total knee replacement provides symptomatic improvement from knee pain exceeding 90% with a long-term failure rate of 1% per year.

  13. Thanks for sharing, Your contents is very good with excellent concepts and ideas

    It must be challenging to walk or to get up from a chair if your hips are fractured or damaged by arthritis. You might think of getting hip replacement surgery if medicines, exercises, and walking supports are insufficient to relieve your pain. If you face any of these difficulties in your hips, search for the best hip replacement surgeon in Delhi and get the best treatment done for your problem.

  14. Patients consistently search for the Best Orthopedic Doctors in South Delhi for the treatment, as nobody of them needs to bargain with the strength of their folks or other friends and family. There are various Orthopedic doctors in South Delhi, which regularly makes it trying for people to pick the best one to treat their concern both viably and expertly.

  15. saraksti vidalista 60 mg kongodisko vidalista professional vidalista online – vidalista 10 [url=https://vidalista-tadalafils.com/#]vidalista 20 mg[/url] buvniecibas vidalista online

  16. wycoff generic levitra right now ringi levitra
    pills for sale posts per day vardenafil 20 mg tablet – how
    quickly does levitra work [url=https://levitravardenafils.com/#]levitra[/url] blossoms levitra coupon lilly help

  17. Solving Paper provides an easy way to get access to the previous year papers of different entrance exams. Solving Paper started with an aim to provide free education put its first step forward in the directions. We trying to accomplish our dream to provide quality education and helping student to start practicing for free.

  18. safetoto says:

    I’m writing on this topic these days, safetoto, but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts.

  19. baccaratsite says:

    From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with baccaratsite !!

  20. candipharm says:

    best canadian mail order pharmacies for diet pills https://candipharm.com

  21. In my opinion, this was an excellent post and video. Information is one of the most important aspects of your speech. Thanks for sharing your effective points and useful thoughts.

  22. Our Company is the Best Digital Marketing Company in India / Best Web Development Company in India. Digital Yetch provides the best digital marketing services, web development & best mobile app development services in India. Our company is one of the top 10 digital marketing companies in India.
    Best digital marketing company in India

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *