BootsnAll Travel Network



Taking A Break From Calcutta Journals: Mitune Runs Away

I’ve just gotten off the phone with the Sisters at Daya Dan in Calcutta…I had called tonight with the intention of wishing a certain little boy, Mongol, Happy Birthday.

But before Mongol got on the phone, I spoke to one of the sisters and found out that the little boy I would like to adopt has run away. Not from the Sisters, but to them.

You see , he’s at a special school run by brothers and he’s several hours from Calcutta. There was apparently a problem with another boy, who is also deaf/mute, who is about to be adopted. He is Mitune’s age, or a bit older. He was taunting Mitune with this information and Mitune got upset.

He apparently ran away last week, but returned the same day. Now he’s done it a second time, and he’s been missing for several days.

Mitune is a smart boy, and I think he has some street smarts–or can gain them pretty quickly. Still, If he decides to stay out on the street, he’s in for a very difficult life.

The sisters think he is lost, afraid , alone.

We hope he can find his way back to his school. We hope he is safe.

Please light a candle for this boy, please say a prayer for him.

After hearing the news about Mitune, I had to switch to singing “Happy birthday to you” to Mongol, who giggled and laughed and was happy. Mongol has a form of degenerative muscular dystrophy (as does his sister) and when I left the orphanage several  months ago he was quite ill with a respiratory infection. He sounded so much better and I felt really blessed to talk with him. You never know how long these kids have.

He asked Binoy, the mischevious austistic boy I worked with to come over to the phone and Binoy did! And he giggled and said, “Amy, I love you. I miss you. ” Binoy doesn’t say stuff like that. It was a really nice moment.

I promised them I’d call back in a month. And I swore up and down that yes, I really will be there in December. Of course I will. These boys have my heart.

I would do anything for them.

Please light a candle for Mitune or send him some positive encouragement. He is a lost boy in a big world.

gigi 



Tags:

33 responses to “Taking A Break From Calcutta Journals: Mitune Runs Away”

  1. A friend of Mongol says:

    Hi Gigi,

    I just want to let you know that I just spoke to Mongol. He said that Mitune is back in Daya Dan. He has been back there for 2 days and is doing well.

  2. Thankyou, thankyou!
    I just read your comment after I got off the phone with Sister Paula Marie.
    gigi

  3. Hiram Romp says:

    Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my web site =). We will have a link exchange arrangement between us!

  4. Howdy very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally…I am happy to search out so many useful information here in the put up, we’d like develop more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

  5. Sounds like Parker is a victim of his own legend. The 100 point rating system seems flawed to me in that some of his ratings of lesser wines are incredibly high and wines in the 90 100 bracket are all over the place. For someone who can remember every wine (presumably blind without the need of having it in front of him) and also his given rating, perhaps it he that is changeable rather than the wine showing on any particular tasting (especially within a short period of time).

  6. hello!,I like your writing so a lot! proportion we be in contact extra about your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to see you.

  7. If you’re a movie enthusiast and would like to see the first-day very first series of your favourite movies and web-series afterward amazon prime video can be your own stop. You can’t just see afterward on the first-day initial show but may also see them as numerous as enough period you’d like. Thus, you can’t should attend to see pictures to invest on a theatre ticket every moment. You just have to pay for the subscription fee and you may watch your favourite movies a variety of times.https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  8. junimeridio says:

    people does cvs have hydroxychloroquine anyway https://hydroxychloroquined.online/ – buy hydroxychloroquine 200 mg silent heart attack american journal of medicine hydroxychloroquine

  9. Cialis Kopfschmerzen Behandlung

  10. ponsise says:

    kamagra lafrancol como tomar kamagra kamagra los angeles mastercard

  11. Clieree says:

    blue cross blue shield health cialis levitra sans ordonnance pharmacie

  12. Cintele says:

    How To Buy Fluoxetine Kpbkgq Plaquenil

  13. anternemn says:

    buy cialis online without prescription PubMed Perimenis P Markou S Gyftopoulos K Giannitsas K Athanasopoulos A Liatsikos E.

  14. Your explanation is organized very easy to understand!!! I understood at once. Could you please post about casinocommunity ?? Please!!

  15. “Wow, this blog is such a breath of fresh air! The positive vibes and uplifting messages found here are exactly what I needed today. It’s clear that the author has a genuine passion for spreading positivity and it shines through in every word. Thank you for brightening my day with this inspiring content!”Careless Driving New Jersey

  16. I absolutely loved reading your blog! Your writing style is captivating and engaging, making it difficult for me to stop scrolling through your posts. Your topics are diverse and thought-provoking, which keeps me coming back for more. I appreciate how you bring a fresh perspective to each subject, offering valuable insights and making complex ideas easy to understand. Your positivity shines through in every word, and it’s inspiring to see how you approach life with such optimism. Keep up the fantastic work, and thank you for brightening my day with your wonderful blog!
    Domestic violence New Jersey

  17. Mark says:

    Drift Boss is a famous drifting game. In the game, you will have the opportunity to control your car on endless roads full of difficult turns and collisions. The game sounds simple but it takes a lot of practice to be able to drift well around corners. Join the game now to prove that you are the best racer and score the most points.

  18. Sophiaa says:

    Your blog is a ray of sunshine on the internet! Your positive content never fails to brighten my day and inspire me to see the good in the world. Keep spreading those good vibes!
    Filing for Divorce in New York state

  19. “I can’t express how much I appreciate the quality of the content on this blog. It’s evident that the writer is not only knowledgeable but also has a knack for presenting information in an accessible and engaging way. Every post I’ve read here has been a valuable source of insights and inspiration. This blog has become my go-to resource for [topic] and has enriched my knowledge in ways I never expected. The dedication and effort put into this blog are truly commendable, and I’m eagerly looking forward to more enlightening posts. Keep up the exceptional work, and thank you for sharing your expertise with us!”
    Inheritance Divorce New York

  20. Molody says:

    As the game progresses, the tunnels become more complex and challenging, requiring quick reflexes and precise timing to avoid pitfalls and obstacles. Run 3

  21. trap the cat says:

    I’m the administrator of the word wipe game website, and I want to thank you very much for the useful information you shared. Keep going, and know that I will always be here for you.

  22. Donkey Kong says:

    I sincerely appreciate you spending the time to compose this content. Your work shows that you did a lot of research because it is of such high quality.

  23. Your positivity shines through in your words, uplifting and inspiring those around you. Your optimistic outlook is like a beacon, spreading warmth and encouragement. Your kindness and positive energy make a noticeable and positive impact on others. It’s truly refreshing to encounter someone with such a bright and optimistic perspective. Your positivity is not only contagious but also a source of joy and inspiration for those fortunate enough to interact with you.
    Abogado de Invadiendo del Condado de Monmouth

  24. dordle12 says:

    Whether you are an experienced puzzle player or a casual gamer looking for some light entertainment, dordle games are guaranteed to bring you hours of fun!

  25. orabelle hana says:

    Why is that easy grade calculator

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *