BootsnAll Travel Network



June 17th Arequipa, Peru

Not the same kind of trip this time with the places we are visiting not having computers! You.d think those blue footed boobies had a message for the world wouldn´t you? We have now landed in Arequipa after 36 hours on buses and planes. We set off from Tena at 6.30 am on 15th on a bus to Ambato, changes for a bus to Guayaquil (left there on 11.15 bus), then on to Puira Peru where we arrived at 6.30 in the morning after going through the border checkpoint. We then were very lucky to get a flight to Arequipa at 9.30am which stopped at Cusco and Juliaca before landing finally in Arequipa at 5.30pm on 16th!!
The rainforese was all I had hoped for and more. It was hot sticky wet and very beautiful. We went to visit a village to see how they lived and we bought beads to help their economy – salved my conscience a bit! It was fascinating though. We walked to the Napo river and then walked back to out lodge – called aptly, Shangrila! We went on rubber inner tubes down the river below our lodge with a Polish family , now living in America, and had a very good time! We also went on a couple of jungle walks with our guide using his machete to clear the jungle for us to proceed. All very exciting – we were shown jungle toilet paper, leaves to make hats and buckets, leaves and barks to cure you of many different ills, butterflies, and many insects – fortunately for me no snakes!!!
It was hard to leave as we all got on so well with the staff there. I now have diohera and feel pretty bad today but going to book flight from Cusco to Lima for us to get home next Saturday and book a trip to the Colca Canyon to see Condors!! Feel so lucky to be in these places. Off to Lake Titicaca after that. I´ll try to write again but cant be sure.
Ok must dash off to get things done!



Tags:

One Response to “June 17th Arequipa, Peru”

  1. Webbs Says:

    Don’t know whether you’re already back or if you’ll read this before your return, but anyway, it’s good to know there are still boobies in the world to gawp at. Your adventures sound a lot more exotic than our trip to Poland (and warmer) but hope to speak to you soon to swap travel stories.
    Love
    DnA

Leave a Reply