BootsnAll Travel Network



Hot Ipanema! 26th Feb.

Well I am still here and melting! Spend my time looking for shade and places with air conditioning! I had a busy day yesterday seeing some sights because I had burnt on the beach on Friday. I went to see the Parque Catacomba – an outdoor art exhibition of modern statues all set in a tropical park. There were miniture monkeys in the trees, beautiful butterflies and amazing flowers. The staues were ok but not as beautiful as the flora and fauna. I then went over the road and walked round lake in Parque Cantagio. Then I set off in another expensive taxi – expensive because of the traffic and the fact that you pay by time not distance! – to Pao de Acucar – or Sugarloaf Mountain to you and me! The cable cars were scary for me – dont like the movement when you get in and out – and the height of some of the viewing platforms was also a challenge for me! The veiws were awesome – all around Rio and over to Christ the Redeemer that I had seen the other day. There was a bit of a storm while I was up there – spectacular! Got back to my friendly hostel and whipped off in taxi with my owner of hostel to get my Carnival tickets. Did that, got back and there was a banda – parade for the Carnival going on at 5pm so had another quick shower and went down to Ipanema beach front towatch that – all madness and amyhem but very funny in parts! (Philippa you will know what i mean by this!) Some of the men dressed as women were amazing to see – a sight for sore eyes as they say! Got back 3 hours later, starving and had a shower, and went to find food. Went to a very posh Italian restaurant. I felt cold in there – wonderful!

Lazy day before i go to the Carnival tonight – 9pm to 6am! I,ll be dead by tomorrow I predict!

OK off to rest now – sit on the beach and people watch!

Chao

Janxx



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply