BootsnAll Travel Network



Granville island market – not!

Was really silly yesterday and ran, yes ran for a bus, to take me to Granville island and the market. Paying in pain today! The bus, a no. 50 took me a bit of a tour around Vancouver, through the steam clock area and over a bridge (can’t remember the name of it). I didn’t have enough change for the bus – just gone up from $2.50 to $2.75 even if he let me on as a senior, so he said just put in what you have. Very relaxed here on the buses – he’d just left bus with hazard lights on while he went for a Starbucks. This had happened the other day when a bus driver stopped at a stop and went for a piece of pizza. Very friendly too! He dropped me off at the end of a little, well relatively little, bridge and as I walked over I looked over and 2 seals kept bobbing their heads up and looking at who was on the dock below me. I walked into the area – Granville Island has a group of craft/ clothes/shoes kitchen and food places- which is where I came to a holt. The market is closed on Mondays! the small ‘mall’ with expensive designer clothes and jewellery was open and luckily a place to get a tea. Now that is another subject! They have no idea how to make tea here. The only black tea you can get is English Breakfast tea or Earl Grey. They give you a cup of hot water and separate tea bag and usually in a very small cup or pot (wendy house size!). How is it supposed to mash (brew for non-northerners)? Any way, I bought a to go cup for Toby in a lovely first nations shop (Indians here are known as first nations) and a couple of cards and set off to go back on the ferry. This was a very small, in the bath play with boat which zig zags across the water to the other bank. I climbed aboard and went across – again paying less as hadn’t right change ($3.25). When I got to the other side I was way out of my way so he took me back and then set off again further up the coast (about 15 mins longer than last trip!). Went to get a sim card and monthly top up($25) for an old phone of Jane’s to use here on way home and then collapsed with tea and pain killers. Will have to do this all over again if I want to go to the market! Pouring with rain today, all day.

nosey seal at Granville island marina

entrance to Granville island over the bridge

the ferry over false creek from Granville island

Robson st, downtown Vancouver at night

skytrain from kitchen window - roads above and below

Lady Gaga arrives at the stadium across the road

a sunny afternoon from apartment balcony

I love these skylines!

/DSC00846-150×150.jpg"




Leave a Reply