BootsnAll Travel Network



Christmas day in Tofino

I am so happy! Sorted my blog and Amy is singing as I drink my wine and write this blog. The day to get here was long and hard – we left Vancouver at 11.00am and it took an hour to get to the ferry at Tsawassan and then it was 2 hours on there. We had lunch – no such thing as a cheese sandwich – had to have ham, cheese and dressing one. We then arrived at Nananimo and proceeded to Coombs and the ‘Goats on a roof’ market to meet up with Sam and Karin, his partner (lovely swedish girl – well woman really as she is 31). We were worried about the road ahead as Simon had looked on his web cam and the road was covered in snow and chains for the tyres were advised. We looked in the morning and it looked like it was clearing so we took a chance and went in rubber duck convoy with Sam over the passes to Tofino. There was a lot of snow up there and it was slippy but ok. It took about 3 hours from there. The ‘cottage’ is a beautiful house with a large wood burning stove, 3 bedrooms (mine is downstairs – wonderful!). We lit the fire and settled in for a cosy evening, thinking about Linda and her visit to hospital. Christmas eve was a bright crisp sunny day and later a bit drizzly. The others went to town for drugs and coffee etc. but Simon and I went a short walk to the nearby beach – spectacular! Will try to download some piccys soon now I have got going on here. I’ve just made a nut roast, the pork is cooked and Jane is deliberating when to put the ducks(2) in. Josh has been in the hot tub with Si joining him for a while. What luxury here! Having a lovely rest!



Tags:

Leave a Reply