BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in Vancouver for last 9 days!

Saturday we go for brunch at a nice cafe in the Olympic village. Two enormous sparrow statues stood at either side at the end of the square outside, After we were tempted into looking at possible new houses/apartments for Jane and Simon to buy if the ‘showing’ (as they call this viewing system here whereby you go out and the realtor – estate agent – shows potential buyers around) they have booked for Monday morning, goes well. It was interesting for me to see the inside of a few different homes. Jane had to go to Victoria, so we spent the rest of Sat and Sun cleaning and tidying the apartment. Jane set off Sunday late afternoon and we were ready for me to let the realtor in on Monday morning. I went to hav e my nails done at ‘Bling’ a beauty place on the ground floor of Jane’s apartment block. I came backand started to sort my packing – will I get everything in now I have bought too many new clothes! Tuesday I went to post office and then in evening Simon and I went to see ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ at the cinema – 2nd time for me and quite glad to go again as Iam in love with Bradley Cooper! Wednesday I went down to the Bay shopping mall and then went to the waterfront to catch the water bus to Lonsdale Quay – wonderful market with a mix of food stalls and fresh veg, fish etc. I was tempted by a Greek stall andbought myself a chicken souvlaki – a maz ing! There are craft shops and a first nation shop where I bought myself a crockery trivet with a leaping salmon pattern on it. Then I set off back across Burrard back to the waterfront and then skytrain to chinatown and Stadium stop. Quite the native now!




Leave a Reply