BootsnAll Travel Network



Los Angeles….the towel situation

11 June 2006

Since I last wrote I have done quite a bit. The LA tour was great because it gave us a glimpse of lots of the different parts of LA and meant that I could then decide which bits to go back to.

Near our hostel is a place called the Farmers Market. They sell lots of fruit, veg etc and it is like being in a Thai market except, obviously it is American. The amount of food places here is tremendous. You can get so many different types of burgers and hot dogs and it is pretty cheap to eat so there is no excuse to go hungry.

We have also been to Griffith park which was very picturesque. I really enjoyed laying in the sun there.

We went back to Hollywood Boulevard to have another look at the stars and while we were there we go asked to go to a free show. It was called the Jimmy Kimmel show. It was a chat show and bit like Jonathan Ross etc. He had three guests and one was the first ever super model!!! It was such a fun experience although my hands really itched afterwards as you have to clap alot. When I say alot – I mean ALOT!

We also had ice cream in the Disney Soda Fountain and Store. A very chocolaty experience.

If I could have taken something with me that I have not it would have been a decent towel. So I have now bought 2. A big beach one for when I shower and a hand towel for my hair (I am sure you all realise that with my big hair it is a problem). I had taken a travel towel with me which is great at soaking up water and folding neatly away but it doesnt dry you properly and also it looks dirty already!!! Im not that dirty and I was chatting to a few peope here in the hostel and they said that they start smelling after a while. I’m ditching the travel towel!!!!

Yesturday we went to Venice Beach. So nice to relax in the sun and such a breeze too. The beach is so long and big – I dont think I have seen such a long beach.

We also went to the cinema yesturday to see ‘The Break Up’. The cinemas here are massive and the chairs are like our luxury seats (like the posh ones in Bluewater that you pay extra for).

Hoping to go out to a few bars tonight. Should be fun.

“You have a good day now!”

PS. I also really REALLY miss my phone!



Tags: ,

4 responses to “Los Angeles….the towel situation”

  1. Tracy says:

    Hiya,

    Strangely enough – I’ve been to the ‘Farmers Market’ too – hee hee. Very nice place to shop for exotic things! :0)

    So cool that you went to watch a live show in the U.S.! Not something that just anyone gets to experience – you’re pretty fortunate. :0)

    Sounds like you’ve been having loads of fun!

    The weathers been just fantastic here (sorry – but it’s true), about 30 degree’s C this past w/end. Pretty amazing. I felt like I’ve returned to work today after a long w/end. It’s getting dark at about 9.30pm this side – so the days are much longer & you actually feel as though you’re living now you know.

    Chat more soon,
    Tracy
    x

  2. Gemma says:

    Yo Fox!

    So excited for you – can’t believe you are in LA! Say hello to all the stars for me!

    What are you dissing the travel towel for??? I bought a XL travel one from Millet’s and it is ACE! It keeps me very dry and doubles as mat to lie in the sun AND a blanket when it’s cold. Long live compact towels!

    Enjoy yourself and dont forget to take some snaps!

    Gem x

    PS Thank you for your lovely letter – so nice to get post when you’re away!

  3. Markus

    It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks.

  4. Markus

    It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *