BootsnAll Travel Network



Visiting family and friends

Since I’ve left Hawaii with my mom I have been very busy visiting family and friends! I went from Hawaii to Denver where I met up with 8 other friends and headed to a condo we rented in breckenridge! Highlights from the weekend were being able to snowboard, making a nutcrackers arm fall off, our superbowl party, the packers winning the superbowl and of course being able to spend all that time with my friends even though it may have been too brief for the visiting the girls who live in Colorado!

I went from Colorado to september’s in Appleton and spent the week visiting with high school friends and preparing for september’s bridal shower! The bridal shower was a great success with about 20 – 25 attendees! I think I kept it unusual with non-traditional bridal shower games! From there I went down to Illinois to spend a couple days at greg’s and then head to my dad’s for awhile. September also came down to my dad’s for the weekend as well which was great! We had a good week visiting grandparents, a huge euchre tournament and of course karaoke! Last Sunday I headed from my dad’s up to Minneapolis, this may not have been the best idea ever as there was a terrible snow storm in Minneapolis, so the trip went from a 7 hour drive to an 8 hour drive with some terrible driving conditions! But I made it safe and sound thankfully! And also made it to lots of white snow that I have been missing from my life for awhile! I was able to stay with my friend bear for awhile and I am now at my bff’s house trying to recover as I have been feeling a little under the weather! Overall it’s been great! We’re headed to bar bingo tonight and I’m sure we’ll have lots planned for the weekend, maybe some cross country skiing in that white stuff!! Next Sunday I’ll be headed up to Duluth for about a week before heading back to Appleton to repack for my first leg of my adventure! I will also spend a couple days in Chicago to meet up with friends from the ship and then fly out of o’hare!

I have a lot to do before I leave, but mostly thinking of packing is the most overwhelming thing for now! Hopefully I won’t get too out of hand and everything I want to bring will fit nicely in my pack!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *