BootsnAll Travel Network



Less than one week!

I am about five days out from leaving!!! I just got back to Appleton to September’s house (where all my stuff is) so that I can repack and pack for my trip! It is kinda crazy and overwhelming how much stuff I need to do, but also if some of it doesn’t get done it’s not the end of the world!

I am super super excited! I can’t wait to go, but at the same time I am getting “cold feet”. I’m mostly just a little freaked out  about traveling by myself. Not for the fact that I have no one with me, just that I have never done it before and so that is the unknown and for right now it is out of my comfort zone! But I will cure that quickly come Saturday when I land in South Africa!  But for now I need no worries, only encouragement! And I don’t doubt I’ll have a great time, everyone who travels by themselves says they think it is great, so I think I will too. My worry is if I still have the ability to make new friends out of strangers. It is funny but it feels like it has been so long since I have done that, that maybe I don’t have that ability anymore, though I guess I just went through making all kinds of new friends on ship! And what if no one likes me! haha! I know this seems ridiculous, but these are things going through my head as I pack and before I leave!

Anyways, I made a reservation for my first three nights in South Africa and my shuttle to the hostel. My first night will be spent at the Backpack and Africa travel centre. It is supposed a very highly rated hostel and I look forward to it. You ask what will be the first thing I do and the answer is I have no idea. I get in so late the first night that it will just depend on how much I wanna sleep the next day!



Tags:

3 responses to “Less than one week!”

  1. Lindsey says:

    Be safe. Have fun. Take photos.

    I can’t wait to hear all about it!

    xoxo
    Linds

  2. September says:

    Good Luck! Have a blast! Tell us if south africa is cold that far south! I want to hear about what color everything is! ( Maybe see what kind of music they have as well?) What language do they speak? Have fun Summer! You will make friends!
    Love, September

  3. Sonja says:

    Summer – I’m so thrilled for you! I am anxious to keep up with your travels here in your blog. Have a blast and keep us updated on your adventure!
    Aloha
    Sonja

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *