BootsnAll Travel Network



I made it!!

hey everyone! I made it! I am in Cape Town, South Africa! The flights were both super long, 7 hours and 11 hours. But I was happy to get a window seat on the 11 hour flight so it was a little easier to sleep with somewhere to put my head. My layover was in Amsterdam, which I have now decided is my favorite airport so far. They have a library, a kids playing area, comfort chairs to sleep in… even a meditation area! I love it! Last night I got in really late so pretty much just looked around, checked out some information and then headed to bed. I can definitely tell that my sleep schedule is off cause it is super hard to fall asleep, but give that a day or two and I’ll probably be back to my old ways of being asleep in minutes!

So far I don’t have too many plans at all…I can already tell that Cape Town is going to be super expensive, as a city bike tour is about $50, but oh well. I might just do some kind of tour anyways, just to ease myself back into this travel thing! Thanks so much everyone for your emails and your comments! I love hearing from all of you! I am off to some breakfast and then off to do a couple essential things before heading out into the city!



Tags:

6 responses to “I made it!!”

  1. September says:

    Got your email. Your mail arrived Saturday. Checked Fedex & UPS- it wouldn’t ship until 14th and arrive 17th thursday if priority letter. I am working on the paperwork today ( Sunday) I will assume you want me to mail this to the Backpack and Africa Travel Centre on Monday unless I hear from you differently.! Glad to hear you made it!

  2. September says:

    I will try to get this in mail morning on Monday to get it on the plane faster. I am sorry this is so late. I hope you are enjoying your first weekend, resting up, and looking up safari’s! I heard there’s a coast or island around South Africa where you can find Africa Penguins??? Have fun! (The Daylight Savings time changed in the US, but I suppose it didn’t internationally.) ** Thursday by 6 pm- they will only guarantee 6 pm. get you tracking info when I submit.**

  3. Summer says:

    Don’t apologize! It’s not your fault!! And I might try to do a safari through Kruger and Chobe National park and up to Victoria Falls….. But they are so expensive! and I am gonna try to see the penguins on Thursday! Thanks so much for your help! If you find my student ID card in my wallet add that in there too! Otherwise no big deal! love you lots!

  4. September says:

    I will look for Student ID. Trying to send Fedex today. Thanks Summer! Have fun on your tour bus!

  5. Sonja says:

    Wow . . . You are so far away on this exciting adventure . . . And I am so excited to see your photos and hear your stories! Keep us posted!!

  6. Summer says:

    Thanks for touching base!! I am happy to entertain!! haha! Hope things are well for you! miss you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *