BootsnAll Travel Network



Terra-cotta warriors

today we woke up and headed out to get our next train ticket. This was one of those adventurous trips where we forgot something so had to go back and then return, but that’s just how traveling goes. We stopped and got an egg crepe type thing that was so good and cost only about 50 cents! I see a great, cheap breakfast in my future for tomorrow!

After figuring that out we headed to the train station where we needed to find a public bus to the warriors in the parking lot. This proved the hardest part of the day! The train station is right near the bus station and there were about a million people and a hundred buses, and no parking lot in that area! After about 45 minutes of searching and asking, searching and asking we finally found the bus we needed, nicely posted and in a very obvious location of course. We got to the museum parking lot and it was a ten minute walk to the entry gate, and it was cold!! We, of course, made it all the way to the entry and then found out we had to buy our ticket at the bottom, so that was another trip we had to make before we could finally get to the warriors! But it was all worth it when we finally saw the terra-cotta warriors! They were so amazing!! And definitely life size. Some had colors, and still being excavated! There were some you could see up close, and the large pit was sooo huge!! It was really cool!

Back in Xian we got on the bus to try to find the noodle joint we wanted to eat at, but we didn’t know what stop to take, and it was rush hour! So we got out at the stop we thought who turned out to be off by only about 10 blocks! We finally found the restaurant and it turned out that was worth the walk as well! While Chelsy and I thought our chopsticks skills had improved, our waitress did not share that same thought. She saw us struggling and came over to dish out our noodles for us! Haha!

All in all we had a pretty great day. Tomorrow will be jam packed as well before we head out on our 16 hour night train!



Tags:

4 responses to “Terra-cotta warriors”

  1. September says:

    I miss you and your chopstick non-skills!
    Ken and I are working too much and snow is here. It zero degrees today. I finally sent my christmas cards. I am glad you are safe, and I wish I could see the terracotta warriors as well. Ken and I are debating flying to Florida and roadtripping down to the everglades and florida keys at the end of February. BTW, I dreamt we all lived in a four story red barn with a secret attic. The wall boards fell off in a windstorm and the barn was leaning precariously. Thought you wanted to know. I love you always; September

  2. Dawn says:

    Hey Love, I am totally envious. The terra cotta warriors. You’ve actually seen them. I hadn’t known they weren’t done excavating them.

    So far, China sounds great and it sounds great that you and Chelse are together (even if she has a little trouble with the scenery on buses). I’m glad it is so terrific.

    Loving you, Mom

  3. Summer says:

    I miss you too!!! Florida sounds fun, you should do it! And I had a dream with you guys in it the other night too, though I can’t remember it now! Haha! Its cold here too but tonight were headed to a little warmer weather! Love you lots!

  4. Summer says:

    Hi mom! Yeah it’s pretty great so far, though Chelsy and I are really are really excited to go to a little warmer weather which we are going to do tonight! Headed to see some pandas!!! So excited!! I miss you tons!! I love you!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *