BootsnAll Travel Network



Wandering

Today we headed out with every intention of biking around the city walls of Xian. We gotto the south gate and found out they no longer are renting bikes, I think either because it’s winter or because they have their new years eve decorations up. We headed up the city walls anyways so we could check them out, and they are surprisingly thick. We walked all the way to the corner and took pics and enjoyed te new years decorations along the way! They really go all out for new years, I’m really excited to celebrate it! They had little scenes from all continents and a bunch from china, even some representing Disney land! It was very cool. We also entertained ourselves by throwing the little plastic parachute men I brought with me off the wall.

We then decided to try to go and see the Muslim quarter where there is supposed to be a street snack street. We had a really good time and just wandered the very crowded streets, bought some food and snacks and looked at all the crazy things people can sell on streets! The best snack we tried today was a orange round doughy thing stuffed with sunflower seeds and who knows what else! It was very tasty. Were headed off to the train station soon and have a LONG train ride to Chengdu where well go to the panda research center.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *