BootsnAll Travel Network



Th ancient city of pingyao

we spent two days in the bitter cold in pingyao. It is a walled city and so adorable with lanterns hanging all through the streets! We headed out to do exactly what you do in pingyao….. Walk an window shop. We came across what we think was some sort of festival for new years eve. There were people dancing and drumming, people in costumes and then lots of float type fixtures. It was really cool to walk around and see and hang out. We then went backup our window shopping and had some street meat and some little bread loaves for lunch. By this time we had been out in the 28 degree weather long enough that we were human Popsicles so we headed back to the hostel to warm up. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing cards and warming up. When dinner time arrived we headed to a tiny little restaurant and had the best meal we’ve had yet in Chinese. It was two noodle dishes that are local to pingyao and so tasty! We then headed back to our new years eve festival area to look at all the sights lit up at night.

This morning after a breakfast of doughnut holes you can buy for next to nothing on the street we headed out to the highway where the buses pick you up and we got on a bus for a 6 hour trip to xi’an. The bus ride was funny cause there was a little boy near us and everytime he had to pee his parents held him up and had him pee in the garbage! So weird and kinda gross as well! Our hostel in xi’an is soo nice, it’s more like a hotel than a hostel, and so far since it’s low season most of our dorm rooms only have me and Chelsy so that’s super nice as well!

Quotes from the last couple days:
Chelsy: crank that soldier boy (refering to the electric heater blanket going on high)

Chelsy: I’m just gonna keep my eyes closed for the whole rideĀ 
( after seeing a little boy pee and a lady puke in the garbage and then being scared a guy was eating a chicken foot, which was really jerky but he was eating it strange, on our six hour bus to Xian)



Tags:

2 responses to “Th ancient city of pingyao”

  1. Summers dad says:

    Hi Summer I’m following you around the world. Thank you for sharing your travels with the rest of us . Have fun . Be careful. Love you Dad

  2. Summer says:

    Thanks dad!! I love you too!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *