BootsnAll Travel Network



An Amazing Week

So the safari has been extremely awesome so far! i have met some great friends and we have clicked so well only after 6 days! and the worst part  is that i have to say bye to all but 2 of them! it was a sad farewell this morning! The last couple days have been pretty great! A couple days ago we took a tour on the Chobe River at sunset and it was absolutely amazing!! We saw a group of about 9 elephants, babies, moms and dads, that all came down to the river for a drink and a mudbath, the baby was even rolling around in the mud. This was then followed up by a family of Rhinos – baby, mom and dad-  all strolling out of the water.  And then followed by an amazing sunset!

We then spent a day crossing a river to Zambia – this ferry takes forever and seems like its going to break down. It also doesnt help that the workers take bribes to get trucks on first. Luckily we got there early and was only about a 2 hour wait or so.  We are now in Victoria Falls and yesterday spent the day watching people and some of my friends bungi jumping (no I wasn’t crazy enough to jump) and then took a really short helicopter over the falls. The water is super high so the falls are at their prime and it is so cool!!  Tomorrow will be a trip to the falls to walk in front and on top of them and then Saturday we head north to continue our trip towards Nairobi.



Tags:

11 responses to “An Amazing Week”

  1. Schwagz says:

    It’s always summertime. Amazing stuff; I love the South African Penguins. Keep being cool as a summer breeze. Awesome blog!

  2. Lindsey says:

    Are you taking any video?? i sure hope so, i want to see the baby elephant rolling in the mud!!

  3. Steve says:

    Summer, you are rocking it out. We are sitting in longjohns and blankets watching Grace play lacrosse. It freezing up here. Stay safe, & keep writing. We love it.

  4. dad says:

    HEY Summer!! I’m glad you are enjoying your trip so much. Please continue to be safe. It is good that you can find and enjoy new friends so often. Hopefully it is going to warm up here in the next few days. Happy Easter Summer!! I love you and miss you. Thank you for the blogs and for staying in touch. Is that an oxymoron or am i just a moron?? I’m not sure. Any way, Please stay in touch. Love you much more than you know. love Dad

  5. Mom says:

    Hey Summer, Great pix! this looks like such a great time and what fantastic sights ( But it looks like I can still win at Rummy! ). love you, Mom

  6. September says:

    I am so glad to see you having so much fun. Glad to hear from you! Miss you!

  7. September says:

    FACEBOOK: 5/12/11 summer posted: “Made it to Nairobi safe and sound! sorry ive been off the radar! now if only Chelsy would get here!!”

  8. Summer says:

    definitely have video!!!

  9. Summer says:

    love you too!! lots!! happy easter!! belated!!

  10. Summer says:

    happy belated birthday!!! love you!! and you know thats not true about rummy!!

  11. Summer says:

    miss you and love you!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *