BootsnAll Travel Network



Valparaiso and Santiago, Chile

Valparaiso sits on a bunch of hills overlooking the Pacific ocean. It’s not unlike San Francisco in that way.

Valparaiso

Pablo Neruda’s house in Isla Negra is full of his collections. Here are some of his glass knick-knacks.

Neruda's glass objects

We had a lovely sunset our first night in Santiago.

Santiago sunset

Had dinner in a Viking restaurant.

Dan the Viking

Santiago is a modern city.

Santiago buildings

The central market is considerably cleaner than many others we’ve visited on this trip.

mercado central

This guard paces the courtyard of the Presidential Palace.

Presidential Palace guard

Old Minis sit in a Santiago courtyard.

Chile Minis

Cerro Santa Lucia (a park) offers great views of the Santiago skyline and a place for making out couples to fulfill their exhibitionistic tendencies.

Cerro Santa Lucia

We had dinner with Laura´s lovely sister, Maria Angelica, who lives in Santiago.

Maria Angelica



Tags: , ,

One Response to “Valparaiso and Santiago, Chile”

  1. Jules Says:

    Such beautiful pictures.
    Hey – is that Viking restaurant the Santiago version of Medeival Times in Rutherford, NJ?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. dorothy Says:

    more fantastic photos! I’m so glad you got these posted.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. admin Says:

    Jules, that restaurant is called Los Vikingos. Everything on the menu has the word “viking” in it. Viking ceviche, viking hamburguesa, viking vino. The furniture is covered in faux fur and horned helmets are everywhere. I don’t know what the connection between Vikings and Santiago is, but the restaurant was hilarious.