BootsnAll Travel Network



Questions Answered

I`m having trouble with the next blog (and now this one argh!). I`m trying to do a picture story type thing but can`t get the pictures to work properly. So for now I thought I`d answer a few questions I`ve been getting on this and in emails. Thanks to everyone whos commented on the blog. I get embarrassingly excited when I see I`ve a new comment!

So how`s Peru really going?

Peru is great. We`ve been working non stop (well 6 days a week) but it`s fun and rewarding. I think I have to give it more time before I really make up my mind about the place. The people are incredibly friendly. I don`t hesitate to walk around alone and whip out big notes in crowds (but I`m safe about it mom). We`ve been invited to a lot of dinners/get togethers and in work they`ve made us feel like one of the gang already.

Where to next?
I`ll be in Peru until September. After that I plan on seeing around 6 other countries in South America, working in two of them before heading to Australia. My ticket for Aus is for February 1st at the moment but that could easily get put back a bit.

How`s the Spanish going?
It`s ok! We`re able to understand people a lot better now and have enough Spanish for the essentials. I can ask the kids how their day was and organise a game in Spanish. Between random words and gestures I get the message across.

How the hell are you affording this?
I have savings but it`s a lot cheaper than people think. My ticket to Australia cost E1,000. My 8 months or so in South America is like a long stop-over. I intend offering my services (that sounds dodgy!) for a room and some food as much as I can. I have (almost definite) plans to get free room and food in Ecuador and Bolivia. In Ecuador I`ll also get Spanish lessons thrown in. At the moment, I`m living on less than 20 Euro a week, and I´m living it up! I could spend a lot less if I only used the internet at home or at work, and stopped running off for a sneaky chicken and chips. We also get groceries every Sunday that we could live without. I spend about E7 on those. I splashed out on a 1 euro haircut and a fancy dinner today. No such thing as ¨How short would you like it?¨ here. She just lunged at me with the scissors. I now have a long afro type thing. The fancy dinner was a quarter of a chicken, homemade style fries, salad, cola and a choclate gateaux. Came to about 3euro.

Are you nervous about travelling alone?

Nope! Doesn`t look like I`m going to get a chance to anyway! I`ve got loads of emails from people saying they`ll be in South America during the next few months so looks like I`ll have lots of company.

Are you going to keep blogging?
I hope so. Laptop might be going home in August and it will be harder if it does. The internet cafes are so noisy here it´s really hard to write anything. But I´ll keep trying anyway.

I know I`ve been asked other ones, and I had other ones answered until the computer froze yesterday and I hadn´t saved all of it. If anyone wants to get in touch the email is cybersusst at hotmail.com

Also, two of my friends have now started blogging! Maria and Leanne headed off to Africa on Saturday to teach computer stuff to people there. Maria’s a film maker and Leanne`s a full- time musician. So hopefully between them they’ll be able make a musical or something! Maria’s blog is http://candirughost.blogspot.com and Leanne’s is http://drowneydrowns.blogspot.com

Have fun!



Tags:

3 responses to “Questions Answered”

  1. Sharon says:

    Oh this handy ‘frequently asked question’ section is quite fascinating!It essentially does what it says on the tin, splendid! Maybe Ill be one of these lucky few that will join you on some of ur travels…that is if u can brave the sharon-ness!Your done it once, but can you repeat it lol!

  2. admin says:

    Of course I could handle it! You´re the one who best understands my ´spacial needs´!
    If you´re coming could you bring my duvet that I think you still have? I miss it like crazy. Thanks.

  3. hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..