BootsnAll Travel Network



Bolivia from a Bus

After a few days taking in one of Bolivia’s capitals (I’m still confused about that), we left Sucre to head to a place up in the mountains called Potosi. Because I had Jenny with me, our exit from Sucre had to be dramatic. We arrived at the bus terminal, about an hour after all the buses had gone, expecting to get on a bus straight away. When the masses were finished giving us ‘you’re crazy’ looks I went in search of a bus while Jenny held the fort (minded the bags).
I eventually found a guy who said he could get us on a bus that evening, in fact the bus was leaving in about 30 seconds. I flew up the hall skipping in between people, shouting at Jenny to get the bags we were leaving. The guy had followed me and brought us outside to the taxi rank. I was yet again confused and asked what a taxi had to do with getting us on a bus to Potosi. The man answered
“The bus, it’s gone, and ladies can’t run after buses”.
So we jumped in, had the taxi bring us maybe 20 metres to where the bus had just pulled out. The guy jumped in front of it, melodramatically of course, and got them to let us on.
Just as I was throwing in the luggage I remembered we hadn’t done our usual bathroom/sweet shop run before a long haul run. I asked the guy about the facilities on board.
He gave me anice hearty laugh and said
“No toilet. The trip is terrible, terrible!”


And he wasn’t too wrong. We had 14 hours on that bus, with amazing scenery and ok seats, although a bed bus in Bolivia and a bed bus in Argentina have nothing but tires and a steering wheel in common. I was horrified when for our toilet stop the driver pulled over and let us select our own bush.
I’ve no photos of the bus (I’m sure you’re not too disappointed). But I did take some nice photos of what was outside the bus! 200 in fact. I’ll spare you most of them though, don’t worry.

*Disclaimer* Some photos got mixed up, so these are either of the Santa Cruz – Sucre road, or, Sucre – Potosi road. Either way, they’re of Bolivia!

The view for a bit of the journey;

voew

view2

house

Best bus shelter EVER!

bus

This photo was taken at high speeds, when I wasn’t even looking where I was shooting, but I like it!

man

Some people, walking

peop

In the dangerous mountain, we relied on this little girl to guide us…

girl

Who loves Coca Cola?

coke

The Lone Ranger

cow

The food I tried to eat, but then gave to some people.

doos

Pulling into our town

town

That’s all for now! Have a good day.



Tags:

Comments are closed.