BootsnAll Travel Network



Still in Crapanada

Friday has come & gone but still stuck here due to combination incompetent personnel at the TD Bank not following directions for bank transfer + the Bank of America’s insisting on information that’s none of their business, before forwarding the funds. Requested the funds returned & will just take them across the US border personally & do the wire transfer from there, eliminating the BA involvement.

Turns out that Angels of Flight wasn’t completely upfront with their criteria for evaluating patients suitability for commercial flights, can’t say the final decision was wrong but the means of arriving at it were completely unethical & borderline fraud.

Being lied to by the owner didn’t make a very good impression either. However they seem to be about the only affordable option so there’s really no choice but to use them & jump through their silly hoops to make payment though their option of paying by cc (which I am not using) with a 3% surcharge is as far as I know illegal in Canada.

Also the quactor’s insistence that a male doctor be on the team, is also illegal but then quactors are deemed minor gods here in ONturkeyO so are likely exempt to normal rules.

Know for a fact that a quactor can illegally (without obtaining consent of a guardian) order a patient restrained in such away that long-term injuries occur & get away with it. Had an ordinary citizen inflicted such injuries on a pet they would be subjected to jail time!!

The bottom line is getting mother out of this corrupt & insanely expensive country is a priority. The cost of the air ambulance is only equal to 9 months of merely adequate care at the nursing home, so in reality it’s a bargain.

Something not quite right when the cost of one months of merely adequate care in Ontario will get one YEARS excellent care in El Salvador!!

Guess one more weekend freezing in ONturkeyO is survivable!! However it will make the sight of Ontario & Canada receding in my rearview mirror that more enjoyable!!!

Monday over & still playing silly games with the Bank of America as the CIA is still insisting in sticking it’s corrupt nose in Central American business!!!



Tags:

2 responses to “Still in Crapanada”

  1. macdon says:

    Forgot to ask you Dave but what about the bugs and mosquitoes in El Salvador?

  2. Dave says:

    Just the normal tropical crawlies, skeeters as anywhere, around in wet season but only bad at dusk or where lots of standing water. No where as bad as Ont cottage country in spring.

    A bit of repellent keeps them away & of course beds have nets so no problem sleeping.

    Casa I am buying (provided the CIA ever releases my money) is on higher dryer ground so not bad, according to caretaker, but have never been at it in the evening.