BootsnAll Travel Network



Observations

They say only “mad dogs & Englishman go out in the midday sun” so it’s time to get out of the sun for a bit.

Just a couple observations from my travels in Mexico; read your Lonely Planet or which ever guide book you use to get a general idea of prices etc, a Hola, Buenos dias & gracais go a long way to getting help, especially when that in the extent of your language skills, know your numbers in Spanish so you can pay for things.

When you get off the over night bus & the place you picked from Lonely Planet to stay is full a taxi driver will be your best friend. Always have 3 peso for the toilet at the bus station & remember what that waste can beside the toilet is there for.

Where I have been so far; Ft Lauderdale, Puerto Vallarta, Guardalajara, Mexico City,  Villahermosa, Palenque visited the Maya ruins there, Cancun, Chichen-Itza to visit the Maya site, one of the wonders of the world, Tulum, Chetumal that makes for a total of 50 hrs on excellent Mexican buses.

Also from Chetumal to Belize City on a Belize bus then water taxi to Caye Caulker where I am now.

Will comment on Belize after I have seen a bit more of the country & the Maya ruin sites after I have been to Tikal but I will say put Caye Caulker on your “bucket list” it’s absolutely awesome.

Next stop Flores Guatemala.



Tags:

2 responses to “Observations”

  1. bellagio says:

    Thanks for the updates, Dave. Very interesting reading. I am so envious of you and your journey.

  2. Pinamimi says:

    pictures…pictures….lol!!
    my boys want to see Uncle Busman Dave’s pictures lol

    Don’t mean to stress you out on your vacay lol..
    it sounds like you are having an awesome experience!!
    keep on writing Dave!