BootsnAll Travel Network



Hey it Works!!!

Traditional Chinese Medicine that is.

Regular followers of this blog might remember an entry from Nov 6, 09 titled not so nice China where I mentioned going to a clinic in Beijing that specialized in treating Patients in traditional ways where I was given a prescription that would improve blood circulation + improve respiration after a consultation which took less than 1/2hr from entry to the building to exit.

Upon posting this a regular follower by the screen name of Oncearound commented that I had wasted $100 on a placebo. WRONG!!!

Well I wasn’t sure but what he might be correct but as I explained at the time that due to the sad state of the Canadian health (un)care system & having no family doctor it was worth a try.

Now since I quit smoking last year, prior top the start of traveling, + doing a lot of walking my stamina improved greatly however I still experienced shortness of breath & had to stop to rest frequently when exerting myself especially in hilly terrain or on stairs. This has been the case for 16 months since smoking cessation, of course prior to quitting a walk of more than 10 ft or a climb of more than 3 stairs was nearly impossible.

Hadn’t really thought anything about it until on an excursion yesterday we visited a waterfall & the guide warned that there were 150 steps leading down to the fall so to take our time coming back up.  Well I reached the top of the stairs only slightly after the group with no shortness of breath & no stops, something that would have been impossible 2 months ago before I had started taking the Traditional medicine. Once this dawned on me I realized that for a while now I have been walking distances regularly, with no thought, that I never would have contemplated before. It just kind of snuck up on me! 

One case where checking alternatives while traveling improves the quality of ones life, which never would have happened at home in Canada!!!



Tags:

12 responses to “Hey it Works!!!”

  1. macdon says:

    Dave – are you next for Dr. Oz’s show???? I will not comment on Chinese medicine but I will comment on the fact that by not smoking and doing alot of walking is great for anyone’s health.

    Take care,

  2. mom says:

    Hi Dave,

    Glad to hear that you are still learning and having fun!
    I like my Guatemala corner in my room. Shane and Leon have been great at keeping in touch. Alison is showing me your blog on the computer down stairs. The lawyer is keeping his foot on keeping things straight. Things have been very busy.
    Could you post some pictures so that I can see some of where you have been?
    Take Care

  3. Pinamimi says:

    ditto what Macdon has said…. just constant walking and losing weight – im sure you have has increased your cardio…and the fact that you quit smoking…WUNDERBAR!! I think two months might be too early to see a miraculous effect…but hey…what ever works! Keep on walking and when you come back to visit we’ll go for a nice walk together! 🙂

  4. macdon says:

    a little warning Dave – by the time you decide to return to Canada, Pinamimi may ask you to walk to Toronto from her hometown!!! lol!!! She is doing so well!

  5. Dave says:

    What is it with Canadians who are forced to endure a 3rd world health (un)care system that refuse something that has been around for centuries in one of the worlds most ancient civilizations??

    As stated I quit smoking 16 months ago & since about the 1st 6 mos things have remained static however I started the pills prescribed in China a tad over 2 months ago. When I went up the 150 that’s one hundred fifty steps without having to stop to catch my breath once something that would not of been possible 2 mos ago, there is only one explanation: The Chinese professor’s diagnosis was correct & the remedy he prescribed WORKED!!! Geesh it’s my body & I know what it’s capable of!!!

    Had I remained in Canada I still wouldn’t be able to do those stairs & never would!!!

    Mac if pina & I walk to TO we will have a coffee with you LOL

  6. Dave says:

    PICTURES can be seen by looking to the right side of the blog page for my picture then scrolling down until you see the heading ;

    blogroll continue scrolling to Picasa Albums

    Click on Picasa Albums & viola PICTURES

    These instructions also appear in the blog heading

  7. Pinamimi says:

    ok ok lol don’t blow a gasket….im sure good food, lots of walking is also helping…along with your medicinal herbs…i’ll grant you that lol!!
    you’ll need to buy new walking shoes with all the mileage you’re racking up….
    take care and keep on smiling…grumpy LOL

  8. macdon says:

    What about hyper tension – does he know how to treat that?

  9. Pinamimi says:

    hey Dave! with your new found energy and increasing stamina you gotta get back to the Phillipines!!! lol….you show em how it’s done!! lol…..wink wink

  10. Dave says:

    Geesh Canadians are a stubborn lot refusing to accept that anything they aren’t used to works! Ammend that to nontraveling Canadians. Actually meet very few!!

  11. pinamiimi says:

    lol…..don’t get your knickers in a twist lol…. I know there’s lots of great hebal meds out there and obviously you found yourself a good herboriste who knew what he was doing…what did he put you on? is it a mixture or just one in particular?

  12. Dave says:

    Think it’s a combination of 2 but that was 2 months ago & it doesn’t help some timers disease (some times I remember & some times I don’t!)