BootsnAll Travel Network



Friendly Cambodia

Nice to be back in a country that makes you feel like you are more important than the money you are spending. Near as I can figure the friendliness of people is tied directly to the number of tourists it receives, more tourists, more money hungry – less more appreciated. You also tend to get a higher caliber of tourist in less traveled areas.

So if you want to get treated well check out Phnom Penh where there isn’t really that much to see other than a few Pagodas, Royal Palace, museums & of course The Killing Fields but a great place to chill & get ones head straight after Vietnam.

Again pretty much everything available Wi-Fi, electronic stores, public transportation a bit more rudimentary than elsewhere but it works. Even was able to find a baby mouse for my netbook, actually made by hp & better quality than the one that died on me.

The good folks here at The King guest house have arranged for my bus to Siem Reap in the morning, a room in their GH there, my ticket into Angkor Wat + an open ticket to Pattya Thailand when I leave—-room with fan,balcony, hot water shower,TV, Wi-Fi & breaky is only $10 or $7 forget the balcony & hot water.

Food can’t match Vietnam’s but other than that can’t complain!! Oh yeah they roll the sidewalks up early so party hearty types might be a tad disappointed but suits me fine.



Tags:

2 responses to “Friendly Cambodia”

  1. Pinamimi says:

    sounds like a great place….can’t wait to hear about thailand 🙂

  2. mrgr8 says:

    Still jealous as always of your adventure, someday, maybe, it will be my turn.

    Dave G