BootsnAll Travel Network



Epiphany!! What took so long??

As is the case with most long haul bus companies (outside of NA) they have their own bus barns & also pickup at travel agents offices & drop off at convenient locations. This is the reason that the Hat Yai – Kuala Lampur bus dropped us off next to China Town where there are a multitude of hotels, hostels & guest houses.

Which turned out to be a good thing!!

After doing the visa thing at the Thai Embassy in the morning I jumped on the Hop-on Hop-off Bus, that stops almost in front of my hotel, to get the general layout of KL City. Went to the railroad station & got tickets for the next portion of my trip to Gemas then on the Jungle Railway as far as Guay Musang which was as far as I could book a day time train, worry about onward travel when I get there LOL.

Then rode the loop to KL Tower where I got off to take a boo at the city from the World’s 4th highest tower & after 22 stops back to China Town where after dropping my laundry off I stopped at a sidewalk restaurant for supper & a quart of Tiger (or 3).

Now had noticed in the last little while the vast majority of travelers were Chinese but what really brought it home was sitting & watching the world pass by my table & realizing that probably 95% were Asian & only about 1% of the rest were WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant).

That was my Epiphany (not in the Christian religion sense but in an eye opening sense), Like WTF kind of ignorant morons are the WASP population who think they can tell the world what to do??? (Should have seen that months ago!!!)

News Flash people Y’all have gotten away with it for 5 or so centuries but the party’s over & it’s Asia’s turn in the sun again & anyone who refuses to believe that is in for a rude awakening in the facts of life in the real world in the next (to be generous) 10 yrs.

To quote Forest Gump “& that’s all I have to say about that”



Tags:

12 responses to “Epiphany!! What took so long??”

  1. mrgr8 says:

    Dave
    Thanks for all the updates and pics, as always I’m sitting here jealous of your travels.

    Suerte Dave G

  2. Pinamimi says:

    Frank agrees with you 100% you two will have lots to talk about this summer lol
    Well….you seem to really be enjoying the food!! LOL you look great!
    and your photos are fabulous!

  3. Dave says:

    Know for sure that I will never be able to live in Canada again & have another favorite city Kuala Lampur is fabulous!! Most know a bit of English & have been making good use of the Hop-on Hop-off bus.

  4. Pinamimi says:

    told ya you’d love Kuala lampur 😛

  5. Dave says:

    & The lady, as always (well most times) is correct, KL is awesome!!

    How the heck do you get the smilies on here???

  6. Pinamimi says:

    lol I just did the colon and bracket lol I can’t figure out how to add the dancing bananas on GOM’s site! LOL

  7. Dave says:

    So that’s how!!

    On GOM’s site click on the smiley at the top of the page in the spell check row to find the dancing ‘nana’s (:

  8. Dave says:

    Didn’t flucking work GRRRR!!!!

  9. Pinamimi says:

    🙂 😀

  10. Pinamimi says:

    the one with the big smile is : and D works for moi

  11. Dave says:

    OK show off, as you know I have a hard time finding the on/off switch on fluckin’ ‘Puters!!