BootsnAll Travel Network



Where the hell are we going?

I must apologise to you, dear reader, for I am starting this blog a little late. Bec and I have already started our trip, as family and friends will already know. But it’s in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment while we spend a few months amongst the cobblestone streets and old, old buildings of Edinburgh, Scotland, working to save pound sterling that will get us to places that the Aussie dollar could not. So now seems a good enough time to get this web page up and going before we start our more extended travels.

To get you all up to speed; we left Australia at the beginning of March, and journeyed to the freezing lands of Canada for a three-week stay with a buddy in Winnipeg. A brief stopover in the US followed, before arriving in Edinburgh at the beginning of April.

Since settling down here our original travel plans have changed enormously, but I will fill you in on the current idea, just so you know what you’re getting yourself in for.

Now until the end of August will be spent in Edinburgh, with a weekend in Ireland for a family reunion (oh, I can’t wait for that one), and a quick visit down to England to get to a cricket match, thrown in.

September will see us leave the UK and head first to Italy, for a quick stop in Rome, and then spend a few weeks in Croatia. We’ll then journey up into Slovenia, and, into October, across to Hungary and up into Slovakia, then on to the Czech Republic and Poland in November. December should see us in Germany, Holland and maybe Belgium.

After a Christmas that could be spent anywhere, we’ll head to Southeast Asia in early January, to spend two months travelling around Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam (time permitting).

The plan then is to spend about six weeks back in Australia, giving us time enough to catch up with friends and family, go to a friend’s wedding, and eat lots of vegemite.

Then in April of 2006, we’ll head to Greece and Turkey, before returning to Edinburgh around June to work for another 4 months or so. Then hopefully fit in a bit more travel in November and December before getting home for Christmas 2006.

Well, that’s the plan at least.

You can check out some photos of our travels so far right here…



Tags:

Leave a Reply