BootsnAll Travel Network



Heart of Gold Film Festival – We Have a Winner!

Junu

On the weekend Bec and I travelled up to Gympie in Queensland to the Heart of Gold film festival . It was a brilliant festival showing hundreds of short films from around the world, as well as meet-the-filmmaker sessions and seminars.

They also had a photography category, and out of 1000 entries from 20 countires this image I took in Nepal of Junu lining up before school won the overall prize!

 This meant getting up at the awards dinner and giving a speech in front of some semi-famous Australians who were on the film Jury, including Noni Hazlehurst who gave a wonderful speech later in the night (which included getting the enitre audience to stand up and sing “I’m a Little Teapot”, complete with actions), Peter Thompson who was the long-time film reviewer on the Channel Nine program Sunday, Jim Moginie from Midnight Oil, and the ABC’s Caroline Jones. I somehow managed to get through the speech without making a fool of myself, and picked up a nice little cheque for my trouble.

I’m now going out to buy a lottery ticket.



Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to “Heart of Gold Film Festival – We Have a Winner!”

  1. Catherine Says:

    Hello,
    I am looking for more info on the Hogans from Kilfenora. I think I am related. My grandmother was Elizabeth Reeves Nee Hogan. Her Parents were James and Mary Ann and they lived at 96 Kilfernora Road.

    Thank you!
    Catherine

  2. Hong Pham Says:

    Hello there, I came across your site while looking up monkey island in Vietnam. My mother was just their visiting, so i was curious to see more pictures! Your site completely intrigued me because this is something I have always wanted to do! So my question to you if you don’t mind answering is HOW DO YOU DO IT??? how much did you have to save up?? taking a year or two off is completely scary for me to comprehend. Please feel free to email me with your thoughts on why and how you decided to travel like this! camhongtpham@gmail.com

    Thank you,
    Hong

Leave a Reply