BootsnAll Travel Network



Makin’ Movies

Ok, so it hasn’t quite been the six months I said it would be between posts, but during my lunch breaks whilst back at work in Scotland, I’ve knocked up a short little video about our two months in Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, using some of the photos we took during our travels. It’s not yet finished, as half of the photos we took are waiting patiently on cd’s back home in Australia, but the clip should give you an idea of what the finished product might be like.

The song that plays behind the images is a brilliant track by Melbourne outfit The Guild League. The song, called Siamese Couplets (which I’ve also titled the movie) is all about travelling around Southeast Asia, so pay attention to the lyrics.

I can’t wait to complete it, as the third and fourth verses of the song have some great lines. So, without further waffling, hit play, turn the volume up a little, sit back, and enjoy. (And then, after that, I’ve also got a flick from our two weeks in Lubeck, Germany, at Christmas last year. I originally made it and sent copies to the friends we shared the two weeks with, so it’s not really targeted at strangers, but I’ve whacked it up on YouTube, so thought I may as well share it here as well (it also uses the same music at the start – man, I’ve gotta buy some new cds)).

In the meantime, Bec and I are working away in Edinburgh, and making plans for our next adventure, because this whole working for a living thing, yeah, it’s shit.



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply