BootsnAll Travel Network



Brillance in Byron Bay

Rocks“If I were you, I’d take a taxi up to the lighthouse and then walk back down.” That is probably the most sound advice anyone has ever given me. That little walk is a HAUL. Spoken like a genius from our fave new hotel operator in Byron – the lady at the front desk of the Dolphins Motel.

Bates MotelDolphins Motel is our new residence in Byron Bay. It’s a standard side o’ the road motel. It looks somewhat like a tropical version of the Bates Motel, but is well managed and well kept. It’s a short walk to the center of town and the beach, but definitely do-able. Our first choice, of course, was one of the many hostels in town. Unfortunately, they’re all full of the schoolies right now. Real estate is hard to find in Byron this week.

Our walk. We went to the lighthouse at the Eastermost point of the continent of Australia. It is absolutely gorgeous with the ocean swells slamming in to the rocks. The cab ride was a little steep – $11 from the cabstand in town, but well worth the money.

SurfersWe got to see some great surfing action on Watego beach and the Pass. Great inspiration for our surfing inauguration tomorrow.

– Carrie



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *