BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney Pub Crawl

As I think I’m a rock star about half the time, I was SUPER excited about our Sydney pub crawl. And one of the beautiful things about staying with a friend is that your wardrobe options are expanded beyond the things you crammed in your backpack. Heather had me looking like I belonged in the snazzy Sydney bars with a little help from her extensive clothing options. For the first time on the trip, I felt like a real girl.

We got dolled up and hit the town. I’m pretty sure I had more boys check me out in the 2 minutes we spent RUNNING to the ferry in skirts, strappy shirts and high heels than I did the rest of the trip. You can’t miss the ferry.

We started off the night at the Art Bar downtown. It was a really chilled-out place to meet up with friends and have some drinks. Some sort of party was getting geared up downstairs, but the bar was mellow. I know Hugo’s buddy got an ego boost telling the bouncers “They’re with me,” thus getting us past the security line. Elizabeth, Heather and I decided our best bet was to split bottles of Shiraz for the evening, so we got started. As far as I’m concerned, it’s always a good idea to get your booze in larger quantities. See the ONE GALLON Diver from Silky O’Sullivan’s in Memphis or New Orleans (if it’s still there).

Post Art Bar, we made our way to Darling Harbor to Bungalow 8. It became clear that splitting drinks was a fantastic idea, considering how long it took to get to the bar. The girls made our way a few doors down to another bar that has a reputation of being “exclusive.” They let us in. Surely Heath would be here, if anywhere. No Heath, but tons of Aussie hotties were in the house. Unfortunately, many of them had the bad sense to have their shirts unbuttoned halfway down their chests like some sort of Miami Vice throwback. Weird.

The boys couldn’t get in, so we met them downstairs.

Not really my normal scene, but it was a good time. It’s good to know I can fake snazzy enough to get in to the good bars.

– Carrie



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *