Cycling Kampuchea

2 Feb


The Itinerary:

1/14/09 – Surin to Sangka (Thailand) =50k
Sweet paved road, Mike glided ahead of me on his new TREK.  We were both uber excited about this adventure!
1/15/09 – Sangka to Anlong Veng (Cambodia) =60k
Crazy hill up up up then down down down!  As soon as we entered Cambodia the road changed to dirt.  Red dusty dirt that makes you think you’re tan; but you’re just dirty.  You breathe it, it gets in your eyes, ears, nose, mouth.  The road was bumpy and full of construction.  The roadside vegetation was half reddishbrown and half green.
1/16/09 – Anlong Veng to Sa-aem = 82k
Same road, looooong day. 
1/17/09 – Sa-aem to LOST to Preah Vihear = 55k
Day of bad luck.  Mike’s bike broke, we got lost, and rode up to our guesthouse in the dark.  We did have two military angels guide our way over the rediculously potholed sandpits they were calling ‘roads.’
1/18/09 – Preah Vihear to Choam Khsan = 55k
A short sweet day.  We decided to hang here a few days and do some motorbike remote temple exploring. 
1/21/09 – Choam Khsan to Kulen = 84k
Went about 60k with no houses or shops.  Did I mention Mike lost his water bottle on this day?  We were thiiiiirsty!
1/22/09 – Kulen to Sroyong = 20k
Spent the remainder of the day biking around Koh Ker temples.
1/23/09 – Sroyong to Nearby Village = 50k
Met a young Khmer guy who offered us a room in his home for the night.  His brothers were there and invited us to eat delicious homecooked dinner.  Fish, rice, all kinds of sauces and curries and yum.  We slept on a wooden bed.  It was wonderful!
1/24/09 – Village to Siem Reap = 36k
An exciting day to go to the city!  Stayed in the city a week and some waiting for visas to go through.  Did yoga, an 8 day lemon fast, and partied with Angkor Association of the Disabled a bit.  Cycled the big temples for one day.  Mike took most of the pictures, I’ll post them when I can get them from him some day.

Now: 
Mike’s continuing his cycling journey solo through southern Laos and up into northern Thailand. 

And me?!? I’m going to learn about chakras and yoga in the jungle of Koh Phangan island!!! 

See you in three months!  xoxoxxoxo
!!LOVE!!

2 Responses to “Cycling Kampuchea”

  1. kyle 02. Feb, 2009 at 2:20 pm #

    lis how i love you

    what is the address where you will be staying. since you will be there for three months i will really be able to send you something and know that it got there. i miss our long talks about thing that are deeper then most wish to go and differences that we can completely love each other through. i am glad that you are happy. i’ll be praying for you. i love you. wait so can you use the computer for the next three month or are you remote?

    let me know
    especially teh address!!!!

    love you
    kyle

  2. Momma 08. Feb, 2009 at 9:02 pm #

    To my awesome, biking daughter,
    How do you do it? I’m exhausted just reading about your journeys. Love the bike shots of tires and dirt and broken bikes. Especially love the way you get the kids to dance around for the camera. Love you lots, Momma

Leave a Reply