aimless and jobless, but full of JERSEY!

8 Jan

What a crazy month!  I’ve been surrounded by love and east coast pride for the last few weeks.  I can’t describe what it has been like to ‘tawk’ and ‘wawk’ and drink ‘wudder’ and ‘cawfee’ with these amazing folks.  Aimee arrived from Korea for her one week winter break.  We spent most of our time laughing, singing, and interupting the hell out of each other.  Lovely girl that Aimee, thanks Sara Casey!

 Genevieve arrived on new years eve morning.  She ran off the runway of the airport and nearly knocked me over with the biggest grandest hug I’ve ever received.  Oh, we’ve had a great time, despite her many ‘accidents’ (we keep joking we’re going to get her a bubble.)  In the last week and a half she’s sprained her ankle walking, busted her knee, got a terrible sunburn, and got some sort of inner bone pain (that we’re still not sure what it is).  Mike and I have been taking care of her, and she’s been loving the beach, massages, and curry.  She said to me just today, ‘You know, I can’ finally see why you haven’t come home!’  She loves it here.

 And now, it’s time to depart.  I’m off on another adventure, a Cambodian cycling solo mission.  I just packed up my cammo saddle bags and cleaned out my room at Pi Eet’s house.  As my time in Surat comes to a close, I can’t help but remember all the crazy folks I’ve met and the fantastic adventures that have ensued.  I love this place and the people.  I am already pretty sad to leave, but the excitement getting back on the road with velo is cancelling it out.  I’m going to stay around Preah Vihear in northern Cambodia, where there are lost hidden Angkor Wat temples that are just dying for me to discover them.  I know it.  After I renew my visa in Phenom Penh, it’s PYRAMID TIME! 

 Yoga yoga yoga!  Oh how I love yoga!  And bicycles!  And singing!  And LIFE!  I REALLY LOVE LIFE!  And you!  I love you too!!!

2 Responses to “aimless and jobless, but full of JERSEY!”

  1. Sara Casey 08. Jan, 2009 at 4:14 pm #

    You are welcome (said with the thickest Jersey accent ever uttered)!
    Be safe on your bicycle journey. Miss you!

  2. Aimee 10. Jan, 2009 at 8:29 am #

    It’s great to have you back at bootsnall!!! I knew you could do it!! You are one of the fuckin awesomest people ever! So thank you Sara Casey!! And meeting Gen and Mike was the just the right dose of Jersey (minus Sara). Have the best time. And thank you for always being an inspiration. Never lose your energy. Never ever. “I wanna hold you ha-a-and.”

Leave a Reply