BootsnAll Travel Network



Sept. 24 – WA

Day 54 – We spent the past few nights visiting my mom, Nina, in Ballard – visiting the Ballard Locks and drinking coffee. Now we are staying at my sister Holly’s house right now – watching her dog and cat this weekend until they come back. The weather is cooler than I thought it would be in Seattle, but today and tomorrow it is supposed to be really nice – so far the sun has been shining all day today.

The Seattle Sounders game was fun to watch, though not the greatest level of soccer – it was good to see such a fan base supporting the best sport out there 😉 The Sounders tied 2-2 to Montreal, they were ahead the whole game until the last ten minutes when Montreal put in two really nice goals within five minutes. Isn’t that always how it goes? They play in Montreal for the second game to see who goes onto the finals.

We had our VW Golf detailed yesterday by Pacific Auto Detail in Seattle, and it looks like a brand new car – it was covered in dirt before they took it into the shop and now it is all shiny and clean inside and out. It is up for sale now – so sad to see such a great car go. I think I am sold on buying another VW when we get back from our travels. We are having a hard time figuring out what type of car to buy for the rest of our journey: we want to get a camper van so that we can just sleep in the back and have a mini-home for when the weather is bad or we don’t feel comfortable with our surroundings – but we also need a 4×4 vehicle so that we don’t get stuck on any muddy or rough roads. So, we’re looking at 4wd Toyota vans and VW vans.

Simon – my sister’s dog. Isn’t he cute!



Tags:

-1 responses to “Sept. 24 – WA”

  1. jenni aleksich says:

    Hay you guys glad to hear the first part of your trip is going well. we do hope you know your always welcome in portland. and Jason im still going to felt you a hat so if you have a mailing address for the next month i can get it done and sent. just let me know. take care and keep up the wonderful adventures.

  2. aaron thompson says:

    i would say go with the toyota van. i found this from this link from the toyotavan peoples site. where you posted it. let me tell you al ittle bit about these people . first off there wonderful people who will go out of there way to help one anotherout with there vans second there some people on there that know these vans inside and out. and can pretty much help you fix anything. i live in idaho one of the best on the site is a person called bufferboy. he has a few of these vans and he 4wd offroad in his all the time. there worth there weight in gold. if you can’t one of the vans then by all means get anything by toyota. just take a look around the whole site the picture section read posts you will see i wonderful they are. and good luck and god bless. aaron thompson.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.