BootsnAll Travel Network



Sept 14 – AK

Day 44 – Thanks to my Aunt Laurel, whom we call Lolo, we took a boat tour of the Chena River on the Riverboat Discovery. She had some pre-season ticket still and tour season is just about over. Thank you very much Lolo for the boat tour!!! It was a good tour that had very good donuts and we were able to learn a lot more about dog sledding and Athabascan Indian’s culture and villages.

At night we visited Russ’s favorite bar The Marlin in Fairbanks and we met Dan (my oldest cousin) and his girlfriend Sarah there. It was a laidback college bar with open mic and as we walked in a talented jazz band was playing. This was Russ’s last night at Fairbanks before flying out to school and our last night before moving on to Denali National Park. It was a relaxing way to spend the evening.

Tomorrow we depart from Fairbanks and go to visit Denali National Park. Sarah was extremely generous and gave us one of her passes for driving all the way into Denali National Park, which you can only get by winning a lottery. Thank you so much Sarah and Dan! Thank you Lolo, Eric (my uncle), Mik (my youngest cousin) – good luck with school, Dan, Sarah, and Russ for a very hospitable time and warm home. I can’t wait to come back and visit later!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.