BootsnAll Travel Network



Nov 30 – Mexico, Baja

Day 121 – Still driving south 🙂 , that is kind of redundant isn’t it; since we’ve been driving south since Alaska and will be for a few months until we hit Antarctica. More wasteland desert was our landscape today, I don’t think many people appreciate the desert, but I think it has a beauty to it that is unexplainable.

____
My favorite catus________________Big catus, muy grande!

Baja is the vacation land for retired people and snowbirds from the United States and Canada. I can’t believe how many gringos we’ve ran into down here. I know this is where a lot of people retire or go on vacation, but I didn’t realize just how many. We took some advice for a camping spot from the Footprints guidebook and stayed at a beautiful beach south of Loreto and north of Puerto Esconidio, off of a dirt road. It was not super easy to find; the first dirt road we took brought us to a fishing village of gringos, with their RV’s parked under vernacular structures. This was not a place for us to camp since it was almost like a gated community. Across the bay on another beach we could see all the camping RV’s and so we got directions on how to get there. Down the next dirt road south was a line of RV’s and tents pitched right on the dunes, off of the rocky beach. Some people live there for months and for others it is just a place to vacation that is quiet and cheap. There is no water or any other services there, so you need to be self contained to stay. Though there is a boat harbor just around the bend. It was a perfect night of brilliant stars. I can’t believe how many stars there are when there are no lights around. No matter how many times I see the stars in utter darkness it is always a pleasant surprise.



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Nov 30 – Mexico, Baja”

  1. Shawn says:

    A lot of people from California retire to Baja because the land is inexpensive. (Or at least, that’s what I’ve heard.) The only time I’ve been to Mexico was a day trip to Tijuana, and it’s also a very Americanized place.

  2. YOU’RE GOING TO ANTARTICA, NO WAY YOU’RE GOING TO ANTARTICA!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.