BootsnAll Travel Network



Nov 22 – CA

Day 113 – We took off from Oakland via highway 92 which led us west back to highway 1. We stopped at Santa Cruz and walked around their downtown and did some people watching. There are a lot of interesting people that warm weather, beaches, and money bring together.

_____

A hamster cage on wheels. Yes, there is even a waterbottle and some play tubes for it.

That night we headed off of highway 1 to find some camping and ended up outside of San Juan Bautista, at Fremont Peak State Park. It was a nice campground with great views, but we didn’t know that until the morning because by the time we got up there it was pitch black; until the moon rose. Our steep ascent was a surprise, since the surrounding area seemed pretty flat. The drive up was a long and twisty one, atop a ridge in the countryside in the middle of no-where. The lights below were very gorgeous and coming back down the next day was also delightful, seeing the land covered in sunlight. We drove through San Juan Bautista the next day; it is a very cute mission style town off of highway 156.


Seacliffs


Fisherman at sunset

____

Sunset Pictures 🙂 can’t take enough of them



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.