BootsnAll Travel Network



Feb. 22/23 – Uruguay

Day 205/206 – Being only two blocks from the beach, it didn’t take us long to go test the ocean waters in the morning, once we all got moving. Jason, Arianna, Lyndell, and I pretty much lazed around on the beach, in the water, or in the house (to cool down) while Orlando, Dito, and Felipe went to visit a friend of Orlando’s from high school. In the evening Lyndell, Arianna, Dito, Jason, Felipe, and I went to the sand dunes to get our daily exercise, and to watch people sand boarding. Dito had asked to borrow a board from a family that wasn’t using theirs, and the kids all gave it a try, cruising down the slope. We had a lot of fun playing in the enormous pile of sand and got thoroughly saturated with all it’s particles. At one point I was able to get my legs sunk in the sand all the way to my knees. This was a small taste of what the desert will be like when we explore it, which made me very excited for the future.

We did pretty much the same thing the next day, trying our best to become dolphins in the surf and enjoying the hot weather. Arianna, Felipe, and I also built a sand castle, with some contribution from Orlando. Arianna and Felipe even created some mountains and farmlands around the front entrance and even built a great defense system. It was a full on city in the sand. We spent the afternoon playing cards, a Uruguayan version of rummy, and eating. They have a different set of symbols on their playing cards in Uruguay, which was really cool to see. They use clubs (the weapon kind), swords, cups, and coins as the symbols, but have the same numbers and kings, queens, and jacks.

We also had ice cream at this amazing shop. It was homemade ice cream with all natural ingredients and we could taste every flavor and piece that went into making it. It was the by far the best ice cream (gelato) I have ever eaten! Mark you have to come to Uruguay and give it a try!



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Feb. 22/23 – Uruguay”

  1. uncle Dave says:

    I feel like I am taking your trip around the world. While I get to stay home too. Thanks for the trip. I am glad to go while I get to stay home.
    Dave and Margaret

  2. ale says:

    ok i am going to have that icecream then! hope you guys are ok!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.