BootsnAll Travel Network



Feb. 20 – Uruguay

Day 203 – We left early this morning with a stop in Colonia to have breakfast with one of Orlando’s brothers, Alejandro. Unfortunately he was unable to make it at last minute. Colonia has a world heritage site in the historic district which we drove through, but we didn’t spend too much time there because our main destination was Montevideo, for Felipe’s (Dito and Arianna’s cousin) birthday party. We decided we could stop there later on our way back to Argentina.

Montevideo is the largest city, and capital, of Uruguay. We stayed at Marcela’s home (Orlando’s sister and Felipe’s mom) in the designer area of town. I really should say we stayed outside of her home and used her facilities. We have been sleeping in the van every night since we got it back, it’s nice to sleep in our own bed. The building she is renting has extremely tall, narrow, wooden carved doors and ancient keys to lock them. The front part of the building is her business; a casting and video production company. The back end is her home, with a brightly lit courtyard that is the center of the house. The courtyard has a glass roof on wheels to cover it when it rains, but to let in the breeze when it is sunny. Lastly there is the back patio, which is where Felipe’s birthday celebration was held. Lots of family members and friends gathered to partake in asado and cake.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.