BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 4 – PA/VA

Day three – Getting our last minute tasks taken care of yesterday helped us feel like we are not just on vacation or going to see someone, but on our path of a vagabond life across the states. We followed the Appalachian Trail to Shenandoah National Park and found a beautiful camp site in Matthew Arms Campground. Setting up camp early today to enjoy the nice hot summer afternoon along with the company of gnats, which our non-deet bug repellant (Natraprel Plus) helped us get along just fine along with some help from the wind. We were also greeted nicely with presents of acorns from the chipmunks from above, which continued throughout our stay. We were able to enjoy our time with Jason putting the last finishing touches on our website before we post it up and April re-entering the addresses that she has started to collect after loosing her address book last month.

To stretch our legs and take a scenic walk in the afternoon we adventured down a nature trail/ dirt service road to go look at some falls that were two miles away. On our way down the steep hill, that Jason is not looking forward to climbing back up, we come across a man and his dog. The man appeared to be resting on a log on the side of the path, but to our dismay we found out that he really was done walking and miscalculated, or took a wrong turn, and could not make it back up the mountain to the head of the trail. Along with that his two kids were further down the trail, stopped by exhaustion. We walked as quickly as we could back up the hill to find the rangers and get them some help for them. They turned out to be okay and the day ends happy with some Top Ramen dinner and Smores for dessert. Hoping for another night of monster cricket orchestra before we hit the sack.

A scenic view from one of the pull off sites in the Shenandoah National Park. Quiet ironic, we pay to go into these nature saving parks and than we view what distruction our sprawling towns and cities can do.

Jason’s creative juices are in the mixing cycle as he finishes designing our website.

April getting to know her new iriver toy (h340 int’l) and working on the blog….



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.