BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 2 – NY/NJ

Day One –

Leaving New York City (NYC) proved to be a lot harder than one would expect. We had some best friends come down from Montreal to spend our last weekend in the city with us, and most of our friends have already moved out of the city. It was great way to spend our last 48 hours…. though it put us a day behind on our departure date. We went out to our favorite watering hole on Saturday night with our buddies and met up with some other friends of ours, which were friends of theirs first, and didn’t get home until 5.00am – which by the time we got up and moving the next day – it was hardly enough to do anything productive. Fortunately, our apartment that we are renting out is accommodating two very nice gentlemen that did not mind if we crashed there – actually finished packing and cleaning the apartment – for an extra day and half.

We left NYC through the Holland Tunnel during rush hour traffic, a perfect way to leave the city, and headed west across New Jersey. We put up camp half way across the state at Voorhees State Park. It was a nice first night on the road and we were gently soothed asleep with an orchestra of some type of extremely loud monster crickets or some type of insect.

Our last meal in the city at Crif Dogs on St.Mark’s Street – best veggie dogs ever. And we’re off!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.