BootsnAll Travel Network



April 2/4 – Argentina

Day 244/246 – We got a parking spot right on the harbor, with an ocean view, behind a petrol station. It was perfect. For Jason and I, most of our first two days were spent on computers, writing and doing a bit of work. Yesterday we walked around the town to see what it had to offer. I have to say I really like Ushuaia. It is the best port town I have been to, and I would love to see it during the summer. The gray landscape is dotted with fall colors, and the cloudy sky reminds me of Seattle. The town itself has all the amenities a traveler could ever want, including a ton of shops, restaurants, and accommodations – though they are a bit expensive. We were even able to find a hostel that would let us shower, so we all smell clean again! Basically, we all just hung out in the town and caught up on our Internet.

Today we are installing a new gas/water separator on the van. After that we are going to roll out of town and see what route J has to offer, it goes along the Beagle Channel. Then we’ll head up north towards Bolivia. Prices are cheaper there, and I hear the food is spicy; I can’t wait!! If there is one downfall to Argentina and Uruguay (yes, Lyndell, you were right) they don’t like to stray from what they know in regards to food. They have their comfort levels, and the food is the same everywhere, which is a bit bland after awhile. Oh, well… though they do have great chocolate! 🙂



Tags: , , ,

One response to “April 2/4 – Argentina”

  1. Rupert says:

    Hi Guys, Was really intrigued by your expedition. I drove from London to Cape Town just recently and whilst trying to continue, am currently stuck in Perth(Aus) for a while. If I can be of any help here in Oz or you just want a local contact when you get to Western Australia, drop me an email and will be only to happy to help out. Can even provide space for the van and a shower if necessary.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.