BootsnAll Travel Network



Review Ecuador: Quito – Chicago Hostel (accommodation)

Name: Chicago Hostel

Location: Quito, Ecuador

Address:
San Blas,
Los Rios St. # 1730 y Briceno St.
Quito, Ecuador

E-mail: chicagohostel_ecuador@hotmail.com

Website: http://www.chicagohostelquitoecuador.htmlplanet.com(information only)
Book via www.hostelbookers.com

Review: This hostel is located between the Old and New Cities in Quito though it is closer to the Old City and near the Plaza San Blas. I had a single room with my own bathroom for $9 per night. The room was clean and bright with a bed, chair, reading lamp, TV and occasional hot water. Rooms were cleaned every day and sheets changed every other day. There is also a safe available at the reception desk for your valuables. The price included a good breakfast on their rooftop terrace though it didn´t vary at all and became monotonous after a couple of days: bread, scrambled egg, fresh fruit and tea-coffee. The reception area is cozy (read: smallish) but includes a bar so you can relax with a beer or cocktail and not have to worry about being out after dark. The staff was helpful though not especially friendly and the Internet computer at $1 per hour was convenient. The hostel staff can arrange tours and I saw an Englishman had arranged some Spanish courses through the hostel. There are also three small grocery/convenience store shops near by for water, snacks, etc. It´s walkeable to the Old City during the day but keep an eye on your valuables as I was pickpocketed the first day while walking down Guayquil Street between the hostel and the Old City.

Would I stay here again: Yes



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply