BootsnAll Travel Network



Review Ecuador: Cuenca – Hostal Macondo (accommodation)

Name: Hostal Macondo

Location: Cuenca, Ecuador

Address:
Tarqui 11-64 y Mariscal Lamar
PO Box 597
Cuenca, Ecuador

Telephone: (593-7) 282-1700

E-mail: info@hostalmacondo.com

Website: http://www.macondo.cedei.org/

Review: Hostal Macondo is a great hostal in central Cuenca…close to the main square and attractions but on a quiet street. The building is a beautifully restored colonial house with a number of rooms…singles and doubles both with private and shared bath. There is a lovely garden courtyard and plenty of places to sit and relax with other travelers. The rooms are very charming with lots of brightly painted walls and interesting decor. The bed in my single room is extremely comfortable and there are plenty of blankets which is great since it gets pretty chilly at night in Cuenca.

A fresh-cooked continental breakfast is served every morning by the hard-working hostal staff. There is always fresh filter coffee (a rarity in Ecuador), fresh-squeezed juice, fruit and a hot item. The hot items vary everyday and have so far included: scrambled eggs, hot ham and cheese sandwiches and pancakes. The kitchen is also available to hostal residents who want to cook…as long as they clean up, of course. In the kitchen there are some board games, a TV with DVD player and just outside in the courtyard book rental is available (mostly English titles but some other European languages are included).

Rates for a single room with shared bath are about $14 and go up from there. A good value in a nice place that is one of the pricier locations in Ecuador.

Would I stay here again: Yes, definitely



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply