BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to the real city of Light, Shanghai!!

_MG_4428.JPG

Ni Hao my friends, welcome to Shanghai!!!! Finally a city where I see what I was expecting from China: neon lights, futuristic buildings, rivers of people flowing out of the metro and smog, lots of smog…

Shanghai rocks. The first glance at the city, and I was smiling already. Finally I had come to a city that had the vibe I was expecting. I stayed near the bund, near the water, a place where you can amaze yourself with the incredible view of tall buildings that come to live at night

_MG_4224.JPG

_MG_4236.JPG

_MG_4241.JPG

One of the highlights of Shanghai is the Oriental Pearl Tower. The 467m high TV tower is amazing from the ground, but breath taking when you get to the viewing point at 363m, the city look so small and peaceful and the sensation of flying over it its fantastic.

_MG_4377.JPG

_MG_4438.JPG

_MG_4459.JPG

The walking on Ninjing Road was a whole new expirience for me. I had never walked on a street that was brighter at night than during the day. The neon light are everywhere on signs advertising everything imaginable.

_MG_4305.JPG

_MG_4292.JPG

I had so much fun in Shanghai that I can´t really express myself. All you can eat and drink for my birthday, after a night in a western club with a bunch of Chinese friends drinking frozen margaritas is hard to express in words 😉

_MG_9959.JPG

Shaghai was my last stop in China, next stop would be Hong Kong, that although politically speaking part of China, completely different….

_MG_4167.jpg

_MG_9899.JPG

_MG_9987.JPG

_MG_4343.JPG

_MG_4367.JPG



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Welcome to the real city of Light, Shanghai!!”

  1. David Sibai says:

    Hi Simon,
    Thanks for the tips on the white balance. I’ve switched to RAW shooting as well, so I can always set it later… I also noticed that you had a brand new megalomaniac-style website bearing your name:-) As to Shanghai, I will admit that Pudong is absolutely gorgeous. It really looks like some kind of space city… I want to go back there!

    Cheers,
    David.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *