BootsnAll Travel Network



The world´s most dangerous road

PIC_0067.JPG

SPOOKY!!! At least that´s what everyone tries to make you feel. I, on the other hand have to be honest, the road to Coroico from La Cumbre is dangerous but the world´s most?
I also have to admit that it´s the best ride I´ve ever done. You start at 4700m and finish at 1200m! 65 Km. of downhill with a drop of 3500 meters in altitute!!! Dangerous or not it´s a trip

Early in the morning a van picks you up and drives you to La Cumbre (the summit). It´s absolutely freezing, to the point that when we started our ride it was snowing! The first 21 Km. are done on a paved road with a stunning scenery.

PIC_0018.JPG

After that you get to the death road. 15 tourists have died in the last 10 years plus 5 guides. The road is narrow, unpaved and it has a 100 meter cliff on one side. Now a days the road is not used by buses anymore, due to the opening of a new road. This has been like this since last November. Before the other road was opened, the bikers had to be really cautious with buses going the opposite way. All the ride is done with a beautiful landscape and you pass through almost every climate possible.

PIC_0026.JPG

PIC_0047.JPG

PIC_0065.JPG

PIC_0092.JPG

The ride is fantastic and you really go fast! Adrenaline pumping hard!
After 4 hours of riding we got to the end and had a well earned hot shower to get all that dust off! It was a great day 🙂

PIC_0096.JPG

PIC_0100.JPG



Tags: , , ,

One response to “The world´s most dangerous road”

  1. Greg says:

    Wow…that looks awesome! And you kept all of your skin out of the gravel….bonus! 🙂

    – Greg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *