BootsnAll Travel Network



The rest of Laos

OHHH, it was so short, I kinda regret it. It was my choise and I’m happy with it but I’ll come back to this beautiful country, it’s a promise I made to myself on the bus thru southern Laos…

There’s not gonna be any pictures in this post. Vang Vieng was awesome in the tubing, lots and lots of beer Laos, swings and zip wires (poleas/ flying fox) about 7 meters high!!! Of course, I was jumping from every single one of them, although the Laos guys from the bars were calling me a “female buffalo” jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja 🙂 finally, I was the last man on the river at 18:30 when everyone else had taken a Tuk-Tuk!!!!! I loved it!! The pictures were take by some other people, so if I actually get them, you’ll see them.

Then I moved to the capital.

Vientiane was also amazing. I had heard that it was a city not worth visiting, but I really enjoyed my time there. There’s nothing to see, but it’s a nice and quiet city where you can meet lots of backpackers willing to have a beer by the Mae Khong river.
I loved it!! Besides that, I got my visa to Cambodia and to Thailand, really important!

Oh yes!!! I haven’t told you, but I’m going back to my beautiful Chiang Mai in Thailand for the Thai new year!!!! It’s one of the biggest festivals in South East Asia, and I thought it wasn’t worth missing. I mean, a festival where all the people from a city are armed with waterpistols and buckets of water and are ready to shoot other people has to be fun, right??? Three days of water fight!!!!! I’m ready :).

So, I finally made to Cambodia, the capital Phnom Penh, after 24 hours of traveling in buses, motorbikes, ferries, minivans, and share taxis (with 8 people inside, can you belive it????)
but I’m really happy to be here and the city looks amazing so far. I just had dinner with two streeet sellers and after 2 Angkor beers we were best friends 😉

I’ll stay here for about 3 days and then I’ll go to Angkor Wat, where you’ll hear about me next.

I wish you all the best my friends….

love always

simon =)



Tags: , , , , ,

2 responses to “The rest of Laos”

  1. Greg says:

    Mi amigo, I would do anything to be by your side in Cambodia. Watch out for the sketchy police officers there, yo! 🙂

    Songkran is the best memory of my trip, make sure you get to Chiang Mai early because it gets a little crowded….and wet….haha! I cant wait to see pics, but don’t even think about taking that awesome camera out on the street once the madness starts. 🙂

    que te vaya bien,
    Greg

  2. […] Vang Vieng was awesome in the tubing, lots and lots of beer Laos and swings and zip wires (poleas/ flying fox) about 7 meters high!!! Of course I was jumping from every single one of them and actually I think I was the last man on the … – more – […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *