BootsnAll Travel Network



SAI Vs. Rambo…

Ok, ok, I didn’t make it to the red carpet, but it was fun and totally a new experience!! There was not very much to do, but exactly because of that, I met lots of amazing people who made all the waiting and sitting around way more enjoyable and even fun, with lots of chatting, laughing and playing cards

Copy of _MG_5939.jpg

The first day we didn’t even make it into the set for more than 30 minutes!! We were waiting the whole day for them to film another scene, and by the time they were done, it was too dark to shoot the next one. So we went home with 30 euros in our pockets and no work done :).
The catering was fantastic! For breakfast and lunch, there were two queues, one with “Farang” (foreigner/western) and other with Thai food.

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

Then, there were sandwiches available for the whole day with drinks, biscuits and very powerful ice coffee or “ice copee” as Thai call it, jejeje.
The second day, we did “lots” of work! We had to sit on wooden benches for the whole day watching a snake show, while some actors were acting a scene nearby. It was interesting to see how everything is done and the amount of time it takes to do it, but it was boring and tiring. The third day we did the same thing, but only for half of the day.
Anyway, it was great to see Sylvester Stallone acting and directing a film and to be able to see what’s behind the cameras on a Hollywood production, oh by the way he’s HUGE!!!
I took some good shots of the whole thing, but I don’t want any problems with lawyers from the film industry, so I pass on posting them ;).

I’m now in Pai, north of Chiang Mai, a small town with not much to do which gives it, its whole charm. I came here with Will (Spain), also a Background specialist (aka Extra!), on a motorbike, but that’s a whole different story and deserves a new post.

Today, 3rd of march, I’ve accomplish half of my trip. I’ve being traveling for 5 months and 5 countries. Time has flied but it has been wonderful and I enjoyed it as much as I could. I have 5 month more, 10 countries, a new continent and many many adventures to come, so stay tuned! It’s gonna be goood!!!

For now, some pictures of Chiang Mai and some “legal” ones of the shooting,

all my love
SAI

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

_MG_6375.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

_MG_6355.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

_MG_6201.jpg

OOOHHHH YEAH!!!! 🙂



Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “SAI Vs. Rambo…”

  1. jerrytree says:

    Thought that you’re just joking about the Stallone

  2. Pipo says:

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja—- BRUTAL!!!!! ud ya puede morir en Paz… que puteria de foto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! parchando con Rocky…. ahhh… es la cosa mas del putas que he visto en mucho tiempo.
    Le mando un abrazote mi hermano
    Viel Spass noch!!!

  3. Rob says:

    Great stuff simon!

    Congrats on the first half of your trip.

    From Mexico,

    Rob

  4. Will says:

    Hey Simon!!nrnrThough I saw the shots before you published them, still have to say theres some GooD shots here! Look at the eyes glint!!nrnrIm already in India, adjusting, I met with Deepti and his friend, who lives here in a dreamlike estate out of Delhi and is a very interesting guy. So, one for western life, one for indian life.nrnrKeep on charming people as you travel and sharing your heart like you do…I have met many people in my travels but I sure wont forget you and the time we spent together.nrnrLove!nrnrW

  5. tuchi says:

    hola saimon…….Que bien que has pasado en el viaje con diferentes experiencias,espero la otra mitad sea mejor ……..un abrazo y como siempre pa’lantenrSaludonrtuchi

  6. Faris says:

    Great man I was in Thailand Chiang Mai the first week of March 2007 the hotel concierge told us that Stallone was in town filming, and when we asked what hotel he stayed in they said the “Four Seasons” about 25 minutes from downtown, dont know if its true we then went to a restaurant/Bar near the iron bridge on the river called “The Duke’s” it was a western restaurant. the Canadian waiter there told us that Sly was here before setting up some scenes for the movie.

    Too bad we didnt get a chance for extras in the movie : (

    I just saw the trailer for “John Rambo” on YouTube and there seems to be a scene with those famous Thai snake show’s like in your scene.

    Just noticed how many responses you have from Kuwait such a small country but still the majority at the responses!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *